They almost had me

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by newmacmom, Jun 12, 2007.

1. newmacmom macrumors member

I have been waiting patiently for the new iMac line to come out (with Leopard and a hopefully new iWork), and it was easier waiting since I am saving up for a trip right now. But I almost went ahead and bought one when I received a 0% interest for 24 months offer in my email. Then I looked more closely--it is for a LEASE and the purchase has to be at least $5000. Good grief--I think I will just start saving after my trip and maybe, just maybe, a new iMac will come out before Christmas.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

anything with 0% intrest will be a bad deal if it is not paid off by the time the 0% intrest is done.

3. newmacmom thread starter macrumors member

I never would

do a 0% interest unless I was almost positively sure I could pay it off in time. Unless something drastic happens, I would have been able to pay it off by early next year easily. However, I do not see the point of a lease...I wouldn't even lease a car, much less a computer.

4. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

Waiting for Leopard on the iMac, your looking at at least October - November.

5. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

And then by that time you might as well wait for Macworld in January. :eek:

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Or then spring time...wait...wait till WWDC 08!

7. JAT macrumors 603

Yeah, but the FCC will shut off analog broadcast signals in Feb, 09. Might as well wait til Spriing 09.

8. newmacmom thread starter macrumors member

ha ha

No...don't think I can wait that long. Just until I can pay it in cash which should be shortly after Leopard comes out!