They are so close, but still need us jailbreakers

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Darwing, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Darwing macrumors 6502

Well first off, everyone who develops jailbroken apps needs to take a pat on the back. iOS wouldn't be where it is today if you guys didnt show them what is most wanted and needed with their operating system. The jailbreak community is to be thanked for keeping apple moving forward with their iOS.

Secondly, they are finally getting better, realizing a lot of easy integrations like notifications and lockscreen info was just a waste of space. Now they are letting us use the phone to it's max realistate.

Now I don't have iOS 5 yet but from what I noticed they still havent fixed messaging, yes we have a better notification, but having to leave the app ur in to answer it is horrible, as well as not having the ability to send a message from anywhere in any app... I'm referring to bitesms. It is the number one reason people jailbreak their phones (from my experiance) and is such an amazing tool, even being able to send a message at a certain time on a certain day is so useful. I dont think they got the gist of this yet.

Finally, there is still no search function in safari as far as I can tell. This has been wanted since ios2...

Any word on if they are planning on releasing a iPhone 4s or is this just not happening?

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I couldn't care less about texting and neither do my friends. I can live without whatever the JB texting programs have to offer.

The current hypothesis is that this year's iPhone will be released around the same time as iOS 5.

3. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Well, then you're in the absolute minority. The lack of a quick reply option in iOS5 will be the number 1 reason why I don't use it. I just can't understand what Apple is thinking by not offering it.

4. Darwing thread starter macrumors 6502

I think it was a simple intercession that they could have used as a setting, this will be my number one reason for jailbreaking the new iOS and phone

5. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

biteSMS, universal ring tones for alerts, QuickDismiss and iScheduler=me jailbreaking. Changing the look of my lockscreen is a secondary reason, but I could live with the ugly slider/clock/shadow look if functionality was better in the other areas. They are getting closer to a proper smartphone, maybe by IOS7 they'll have the jailbreaking community's best ideas folded into their firmware. They are playing catchup, but they are clearly looking to jailbreakers for their ideas. Now, if they would just embrace the JB ideals, and let us play, they'd do even better.

6. The DRis macrumors 6502

What do you mean no search function?

If you click the search box and start typing in, you can either

1) Start a new search engine search

or

2) if you scroll to the bottom of the auto search words you will see that you can search the page you are on...

7. Darwing thread starter macrumors 6502

If u are referring to iOS 5 I said I wasn't sure but it appeared as though they didn't have it. And I was talking about searching webpages for words or documents for words.

8. Jest3r macrumors regular

He was too... It's been there since somewhere around iOS 4.0. You would think an elite "jailbreaker" could figure that out? ...or maybe by the phrase "but [they] still need US jailbreakers," you are referring to you and the mouse in your pocket?