They didn't think of everything...

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by jtrenda33, Jul 20, 2011.

1. jtrenda33 macrumors 6502

I thought Apple had thought of everything with Lion, but after only a few minutes using it, I can list off a couple of small improvements that would add to the user experience. Let me know if your Macs are working differently, but as for mine:

• I cannot horizontal scroll through the widget list in the Widget Manager inside dashboard using gestures; I have to click the left/right arrows.
    • There seems to be no quick way to close programs inside Mission Control, such as a little 'x' beside each application.
    • Where is the lookup function using a magic mouse on a iMac (i'm talking about when you double-tap a word with three fingers using the trackpad)

These are just a few small improvements that I think should have been included in the new OS. If you think these features are there and I'm just doing something wrong, please let me know. Also please share other minor improvements you'd like to see that could easily be added in the next minor release.

Thanks.

2. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

Right click on the given word 'Look up word'

3. cocacolakid macrumors 65816

cocacolakid

I like your suggestion of being able to close a program through Mission Control, that's a good one.

Apple says in Lion that open Apps that are not in use are put to sleep, like iOS, to preserve as much system resources as possible, so it shouldn't be as much of a drain as having a ton of Apps open in SL.