They Do Wear Gloves

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eric Lewis, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

2. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

3. Penguinwrangler macrumors regular

4. w00tme macrumors member

5. seattle macrumors 6502

6. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

They wear gloves...great...but he didn't get to open it himself. That sucks.

That was quite the opening.
    I thought it was a bit weird that all the employees were lined up clapping for the first 50 people.

7. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

They clap for every batch of people that walk down those steps, I find it rather nice that they have such a grand entrance.

8. lesliegolf macrumors regular

9. illitrate23 macrumors 6502a

illitrate23

it's very freaky
    they did that for the first iPhone, and also, the couple of Apple store openings that i've been to since, they do it as well

i'm sure it goes down well in america, but for the British public, it tends to freak us out - no one is quite sure what to make of it

that said, it certainly attracts interest from people passing by the shop, so maybe that's the point

10. Soreo macrumors regular

Soreo

I like the small detail of putting on gloves.
    I want my apple/att guy to put on gloves.

11. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

That's pretty stupid I think. Who cares if they touch the phone? You get to touch it first and they keep the plastic on it. Also not like the prints won't wipe off if there are any.

12. hellodon macrumors 6502

Dude- a lot of people care, actually. Plus overall its just courteous. And as you can see, in Japan they go above and beyond with courtesy.

Everyone is aware that this is a device that gets smudgy very easily and they are brand new and do not belong to the person that has to activate it - they are handling it with care which is completely proper in a situation like this.

Not everyone is going to be cool with being handed their brand new electronic device with someone elses greasy finger prints all over it. People are very anal when it comes to stuff like that, especially Apple fanboys....what if you scratched your phone wiping off someone elses finger prints the second it was handed to you, wouldnt you be a little pissed off?