Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

8CoreWhore

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Tejas
I have a friend that has a DVR integrated with DirecTV and didn't know about it... showed him and her... they're afraid of it. Another friend with an HDTV but refuses to connect HD source of any kind. :rolleyes:

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
Well, at least this thread has given me hope that I'm not the only one who gets frustrated when people I know ask me, "How do i do turn on the internet on this?"

And no that wasn't a typo.

IBradMac

macrumors 68000
Jun 27, 2008
Ohio
I know plenty of people who don't do the updates, don't download apps, no music, etc. etc.

It is weird to see an iPhone with nothing on it. BUT the iPhone has become a fashion statement in todays society. Couple that with the fact Apple are selling them for 100 beans. Consumers consider it a low risk even though they don't know how to "use" it. They are only out $100.

Jelite

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
UK
It seemed a little weird to me that on launch day there were a bunch of videos and pics all low resolution, wrong way round posted. Fair enough if it's your first iPhone but going to the effort of pre-ordering or buying on launch you'd expect people to know what they are doing with the thing. As already stated it's become a fashion statement for some, that's why the uproar for the delay of the white one.;)

TheBearman

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2008
Cary, NC
I have a 56K modem ringtone on my iPhone 4 just to remind me how good I have it now.:D

Kids! Talk to me when you have a 300 baud modem ringtone. Ah the days before the internet, 300 baud and a string of BBS numbers to call.

BTW, my 72 year old dad is a tech freak. He made the switch to Mac at 70 and now knows more about OS X than most Mac users I know. Age is never the issue it's simply a matter of wanting to understand and learn. Some folks don't care and that's fine, but it does seem to me to be a waste of money if you don't intend to use all the features (or a large percentage of them anyway).

To each their own.

impulse462

macrumors 68020
Jun 3, 2009
Kids! Talk to me when you have a 300 baud modem ringtone. Ah the days before the internet, 300 baud and a string of BBS numbers to call.

BTW, my 72 year old dad is a tech freak. He made the switch to Mac at 70 and now knows more about OS X than most Mac users I know. Age is never the issue it's simply a matter of wanting to understand and learn. Some folks don't care and that's fine, but it does seem to me to be a waste of money if you don't intend to use all the features (or a large percentage of them anyway).

To each their own.
+1

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Wow - this thread is filled with stupidity, arrogance and immaturity.

Does it make you feel better because you're SO MUCH "SMARTER" and "RESOURCEFUL" in how you use your phone?

Get over yourselves. With your snobbish attitude - it's a wonder anyone you who make such comments have people who associate with you let alone friends.

iluvifone

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010
Wow - this thread is filled with stupidity, arrogance and immaturity.

Does it make you feel better because you're SO MUCH "SMARTER" and "RESOURCEFUL" in how you use your phone?

Get over yourselves. With your snobbish attitude - it's a wonder anyone you who make such comments have people who associate with you let alone friends.

lol you mad bro?

close this tab if u dont like what u see. we're simply discussing how we think its odd that some people leave their iphones blank.

peace out pandejo

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
lol you mad bro?

close this tab if u dont like what u see. we're simply discussing how we think its odd that some people leave their iphones blank.

peace out pandejo

No. Read some of the comments here. Discussing? No. Mocking and being overly judgmental I think is more accurate.

I'm not mad. I just think it's pathetic. And if you don't like my "review" of this thread, you can close the tab LOL.

Snowman3459

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
My family is technologically retarded.

I made my grandma type on a keyboard one time because she has never done it before. I told her to click P, she continued to hold P. :rolleyes:

And there amazed at what a iPhone can do. I opened up the Chase Banking app and deposited a check directly from my phone and they were in complete shock. Yet they don't want to take any time or effort into learning these things.

mgamber

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2008
No. Read some of the comments here. Discussing? No. Mocking and being overly judgmental I think is more accurate.

I'm not mad. I just think it's pathetic. And if you don't like my "review" of this thread, you can close the tab LOL.

Mocking and overly judgemental or, in short, "trolling".

On the upside, I didn't have to borrow money to buy my three iPhone 4s, iPad, Macbook Pro, both Macbooks, iMac or any of the 4 PCs running in the house right now. The house that's paid for and fully insured with a garage that contains two fully paid and insured late model cars, a motorcycle and two scooters. Oh...and don't forget about the kid's college tuition at a private school so he doesn't grow up to be one of those losers who think they're cool because they have nine pages of useless s**t on their phones. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight, kiddies. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.