Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wsuhoops1000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
I've had the new iPad with 4g on Verizon and I have noticed that if I turn off LTE then no matter how much I stream on 3g only, it doesn't show up on my celluar use of megabytes and gigabytes under settings->general->usage>celluar usage. When I have 4g lte turned on the counter moves up as normal but when it's on 3g nothing moves anywhere. I know 4g uses data faster but I've streamed 2 hour movies on Netflix with LTE off, so only 3g, and there is absolutely no change in my data.

Is it supposed to be like this, or is mine different for good or bad?

And no I haven't been on wifi :)

Thanks

number84

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
I'm going to say it's an issue with the usage tracker on your iPad and your provider is tracking your usage just fine. Don't they offer online usage tracker?

wsuhoops1000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
I'm going to say it's an issue with the usage tracker on your iPad and your provider is tracking your usage just fine. Don't they offer online usage tracker?

Yes, I did that and unfortunately for my data you were correct it's just am issue with my iPad tracker o well

GraphicsGeek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2008
Track your usage under Settings > Cellualr Data > View Account. Thatll give you your exact data usage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.