They killed Brian, you bastards!

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
So if you haven't heard Family Guy killed off the best character on the show, Brian the dog. And now fans are in uproar. Is this the beginning of the end for the show or just Bobby Ewing in the shower?

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
I think the Brian/Stewie dynamic is better than anything Peter does.
The made a good pair, but Stewie was always able to keep a story going on his own. And without Peter, the show would just be another dry spinoff.

Jnesbitt82

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2013
Ohio
Brian is scheduled to appear in an upcoming episode. The premier of season 13 ?

Brian's a Bad Father.

He's not dead.
I have to agree. I think they did this to draw more attention to the show. (This is even on cnn, so it worked). Remember when Stewie took over the world and was shot in the head by Peter? Turns out it was all just a dream.

decafjava

macrumors 68040
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Oh god, I don't watch the show, don't like it (except for the parodies of other cartoons and shows) but I hope you guys are wrong about Brian coming back because I can't wait for this "It was just a dream" cliché to DIE DIE DIE. DAMN YOU BOBBY EWING.:mad:

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
Brian was the voice of reason in the show and the Stewie & Brian episodes are some of the best. That italian dog is no replacement. I wish they'd do more American Dad/Family Guy stuff, I can just imagine Stewie and Roger getting along.

Jnesbitt82

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2013
Ohio
Brian was the voice of reason in the show and the Stewie & Brian episodes are some of the best. That italian dog is no replacement. I wish they'd do more American Dad/Family Guy stuff, I can just imagine Stewie and Roger getting along.
I like most of them but I hated the episode where they were locked in the bank vault.

Peace

macrumors Core
Apr 1, 2005
Space--The ONLY Frontier
Next episode is Family Guy meets The Simpsons. That should be interesting.

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
I'm dying to see that. You can just imagine Stewie and Lisa getting along because they're both geniuses and Peter and Homer HAVE to have a drinking contest, it would be hilarious!

AustinIllini

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Oh god, I don't watch the show, don't like it (except for the parodies of other cartoons and shows) but I hope you guys are wrong about Brian coming back because I can't wait for this "It was just a dream" cliché to DIE DIE DIE. DAMN YOU BOBBY EWING.:mad:
If Brian comes back it will most assuredly be a result of time travel.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Always found American Dad to be far superior to Family Guy, even though they're pretty much the same show.

velocityg4

macrumors 601
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
I hope this is a joke. Crossover's are always the second worst thing done during the course of a TV Series. The worst being when they reminisce, flashback, &c making it simply a greatest moments episode.

Jbenn425

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2013
New Jersey
I don't like the new dog Vinny. They killed Brian and replaced him with some Italian dog? Ridiculous. The Brian/Stewie dynamic was amazing.

Jnesbitt82

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2013
Ohio
I don't like the new dog Vinny. They killed Brian and replaced him with some Italian dog? Ridiculous. The Brian/Stewie dynamic was amazing.
I thought you were joking until I watched the episode on YouTube. That voice is annoying!

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
I have to agree. I think they did this to draw more attention to the show. (This is even on cnn, so it worked). Remember when Stewie took over the world and was shot in the head by Peter? Turns out it was all just a dream.
There was the other time.. the 99th episode where Stewie kills Lois, and then the 100th episode where Lois comes back and kills Stewie. Turns out that all of it was Stewie sitting in his VR simulator trying to figure out how life would be after he indeed killed Lois.

They sorta did that too. There was a bump during Family Guy (not in the commercials) that advertized the next episode of the Simpsons. Marge was using the vacuum cleaner, and Quagmire comes in, hits on her, chases her down, takes her off the camera, and both come back in looking rather... relieved.

BL.

Jnesbitt82

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2013
Ohio
There was the other time.. the 99th episode where Stewie kills Lois, and then the 100th episode where Lois comes back and kills Stewie. Turns out that all of it was Stewie sitting in his VR simulator trying to figure out how life would be after he indeed killed Lois.

They sorta did that too. There was a bump during Family Guy (not in the commercials) that advertized the next episode of the Simpsons. Marge was using the vacuum cleaner, and Quagmire comes in, hits on her, chases her down, takes her off the camera, and both come back in looking rather... relieved.

BL.
Don't forget about when the guys woke up in the hospital with no memories. Quahog was abandoned. Brian died at the end of that one after being shot in the chest by Joe. Turns out it was a VR simulator.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
The only difference between all of the deaths is none of them had a funeral like Brian Did.
Seems pretty ridiculous for a dog though? Even though he did deserve one.

If he is forever dead, that episode was an awful bow.