They need to 'tighten up' iMessage

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by apb89, Nov 6, 2012.

1. apb89 macrumors regular

Still receiving texts out of chronological order on some of my devices when it 'loads' all my iMessages when I boot up my iPad/MacBook. Pictures/Videos def don't perform very well, oftentimes showing up way later in the chat.

Also it generally just doesn't list the iMessages the same way chronologically on both people's devices who are conducting the chat session.

For example, Bob and Tim may both hit send at the same time on their respective iMessages, but both show their iMessage was sent first in the same scenario.

They really need to 'tighten up' the chronological details with iMessage to avoid confusion going forward.

2. glennui macrumors newbie

Are you find that iMessage isn't syncing read messages?

e.g. New notification on iPad, you read the message on the iPad, but it's still marked as unread on your computer/iPhone.

3. apb89 thread starter macrumors regular

I have noticed that this occurs often, however, I am not experiencing it on a large-scale basis. It just seems that Apple needs to just polish all the processes to make sure they are triggering at the correct times.

4. PrometheusGeek macrumors regular

Yep. Not a massive problem, but it could use some polish for sure. I suppose the issue is network relates. If each message sent gets a precise time stamp, they should appear in order - unless the time stamp comes from the point that it is fully processed through he network. A network hitch or delay could cause a particular message to be stamped later than it was sent, and then it appears out of order.

5. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

I've been saying this too. iMessage is no where as flawless as other messaging products (BBM or Whatsapp comes to mind). There's also things like messages not showing up on time, where I'll see they said something in notification center but it'll take a good 30s to actually show up in the native text app.

6. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Odd. I've not experienced any issues with iMessage at all, either on my iPhone or my Mac.

7. jeffkempster macrumors member

So, this is what I did to help my iMessage. I logged out/turned off iMessage on everything, iPhone, iPad(s), mac(s), etc. Then I I turned iMessage back on my phone first.

Under send and receive I have my phone number and my email as things that iMessage can reach.

Then I turned on each device.

Maybe this did nothing, but I noticed two things. First my iPads and one of my macs did not know about my phone number. After I did the steps above my phone number and email were clearly listed on every device. I made sure that all my devices use my phone number to start a conversation.

After all this everything is actually working well. I did this about a 1 week ago.

So give it a shot.

8. bobhammer macrumors member

bobhammer

and also imessage always switch contact emails

what i meant is lets say I have the email address and phone# for my fd john, sometimes message are sent to his phone# and sometimes his email.....it always jumps back and forth...quite annoying