They never received my defective part?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by parafish13, Sep 7, 2007.

1. parafish13 macrumors member

Hi there...I have a problem.

I bought my dad a 2nd-gen shuffle for his birthday last year. About a month ago, the left earbud stopped working so I sent it in (it was still under warranty and Apple sent me their package). I got the replacement and that same day I sent back the broken earbuds in the envelope Apple provided. About two weeks ago, I got the confirmation letter saying that everything worked out okay. Today, I woke up and saw a $40 charge on my credit card. I called up Apple, they said they never received the part, and that they'll credit me if I can provide a tracking number or something for the part I sent back.

I don't think I have any evidence of anything because when I got the "Everything worked okay" letter in the mail, I threw it out because...everything was okay.

I've learned the lesson that I shouldn't toss anything anymore, but what can I do about being charged? $40 is a lot for a college student and I don't have very much money anyways with textbooks and all. Is there anything I should do/can do/anyone in particular to contact?

Thanks,
    Michael

2. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

The real lesson here is to always get tracking when sending something back to the company. I would think Apple would have had tracking on it. In which case you should have written it down. Maybe call and ask if their was tracking on the envelope already.

I would call and ask for a reduced rate on the headphones, say $20. I don't think you are going to be able to get them to get rid of the charge.

3. allisonv7 macrumors 6502

They should be able to get the tracking number via your case file. You could also dispute the charge with your CC company.

allison.

4. parafish13 thread starter macrumors member

Any other advice? I'm totally new to this and appreciate anything. No progress yet.