They see me but I cant see them

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Roythepower, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Roythepower macrumors newbie

At first on my Macbookpro, i got it a couple of years ago, when talking to people on skype or msn, i could see them and they could see me. ;)

But now when i am talking to someone, the green light goes on but i cannot see whoever i am talking too. they can still see me though. :eek:

Its been like this for a long time now but i never used skype enough to be bothered to remember the problem, now i am bothered by it. :(

Can anyone help me out, does anyone know what this problem could be.:D

2. Scarzy macrumors newbie

I have a dell desktop and experience the same issue, they can see and hear me, I can hear them but not see them. I talked them through making sure their settings were correct and video called them in Live Messenger, no problems at all when using that. But after searching the issue experienced in skype on google, there seemed to be a lot of people experiencing similar problems and it would appear it's a fairly common issue that can occur with skype.
    I don't know if this applies to you or if your problem is caused by something else. I guess if you both have an instant messenger you could try video calling them in that to see if skype is the problem.

3. p3ncil macrumors regular

Dead isight?
    Open up Photobooth. (Under Applications)
    See if your Isight is working.