They should add a grammar checking device to it!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dontwalkhand, Jan 16, 2009.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Seriously, they need to add a grammar check to the iPhone.

For example, I type "I am waiting at the bus stop."...and the iPhone would say "I am waiting at the bus atop."

Also, Before 2.0, my iPhone would actually get the swear words correct, and recently, it seems they have taken them out. I am "ducking" tired of it.

If they don't want it to autocorrect the swear words then fine, but don't auto correct the F word to ducking when I meant to typed what I did.For some reason 3 times tap away still makes it say ducking.

Sorry folks, just venting a bit, I just got tired of it not typing the right words.

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Probably the last thing the iPhone will see.

It's a phone.... not a computer.

But it's getting there!

3. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Maybe it's because I'm Irish, but my iPhone doesn't correct the F word. No ducking for me. Tried it in SMS and mail.

4. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

I can't imagine what sort of lifestyle you must have in order to require that.

Unless you made a bit of a typo... ;)

5. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

This would be horribly efficient on the iPhone. As useful as the auto-correct is with spelling, it can be pretty funky sometimes. Now extrapolate that to the thousands of possibilities for a grammatically correct sentence. You're looking at some pretty hefty errors there.

6. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Are you one of those people who think taking the bus is only for poor and homeless people due to the way the media has portrayed buses & trains in the recent years? ;)

As for the iPhone, I think it would help a lot, and there has been plenty of times where I typed the totally wrong thing. At least Apple could make provisions for some sort of auto complete if they can't provide us with this, or copy & paste.