They should release a LucasArts Retro Adventure Collection

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

The Monkey Island Games
    Maniac Mansion & Day of the Tentacle
    Sam & Max
    Indy Jones: Fate of Atlantis
    Zak McCracken (no clue how to spell that! :confused: )
    (plus whatever I'm forgetting)

All in one package, as a PSN/Xbox Live download. With mouse support. For $15.

That is all.

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Grim Fandango

Lethal

3. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

http://www.scummvm.org/ - If you can get hold of the games then this lets you play them on your Mac.

You can download Beneath a Steel Sky and Flight of the Amazon Queen for free.

4. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

Yah, that's the route I'm going right now. Gotta get an adapter to hook up the MacBook to the TV, and I guess I'll be good to go.

I would just prefer a slightly less complicated solution, just one official package for the PS3, maybe even with slightly polished graphics.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've got the Scumm thing on the Wii and DS through homebrew. Amazing games but no, without mouse support/pointer support these games are quite worthless so I'm calling for official Wii and DS ports :)

6. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I'm still half hoping that they will bring out Golden Eye for download on Xbox Arcade, unlikely though I imagine.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Apparently (from Reggie) Nintendo are trying to get the full rights to that for the VC. No matter what it comes out for I'm going to have to use an N64 controller mod for it :eek:

8. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

You know, Golden Eye 64 is a good game, especially for a console, but it seems like the younger monkeys have hyped it big-time -- especially the 360 guys. :eek:

I still have my cartridge and my N64, so even if it comes out for VC, I doubt I'll buy it, unless they added Wii pointer support.

PSN would be great for the old Lucas Art games with mouse support, but they would be blah on the XBL. But on that note, I played Zack McKrackeen on a Commodore 64 with a keyboard to move the pointer.

Do you guys recall that bonehead at Lucas Arts stating that it would be impossible to bring these old Graphic Adventures to the DS, because 256 megs storage was not enough? What an idiot. He probably should have done his research.

I HATE THE CONTROLS for Grim Fandango. :mad: I still have not finished this game. My experience with Monkey Island 4 was bad enough.

Anyways, I have these on my DS and I'm going to put them on my Touch.

AND ONE MORE RAMBLE... BUY THIS GAME! I'm getting it in 2 days when it's released here in the states. :)

9. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

I played Golden Eye so much when I was 13 / 14 that I just want to see if it was as good as I remember :). I want to know how it stacks up against some of the newer shooters.

10. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I was only about 10 years older. :eek:

I played the first part again this past year and what it has that most modern console shooters lack, is the ability to shoot someone in the knee or arm for instance and there would be an appropriate response.

It also has a play style more like Doom, where as you can't look around while moving, but you can shoot in that direction, but when stopped, the weapon can be aimed more precisely at any angle with the analogue stick.

Good game and I''m thinking it had quite a bit of influence on RE4.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Goldeneye was ace at the time but the controls would likely be horrific now, at least if you play modern FPS games. I was about 13-15ish at the time of that legendary game :)

The Lucas Arts guy was likely referring to the voice overs which could really bump up the game. I think my S&M Hit the Road (or something) eats up a whopping 80mb. Can't remember if I had the voices compressed though. Throw all the voices into OGG and omit Grim Fandango and Monkey Island 3 and 4 and you could easily fit that onto DS. Then for extra milkage re-release them above 3 games on their own :D

But seriously give us DS and/or iPhone collection ports of these games.