Thicker iPhone but a vastly extended battery.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FuzzMunky, Jul 16, 2008.

1. FuzzMunky macrumors regular

I don't know about you, but I find the iPhone to be TOO thin. It just feels a little bit fragile when i pick it up quickly. It feels like my grip on it is very tenuous. Now that the battery life of the iPhone 3G is an issue and also seeing as how the iPhone now has screws to open it easier, wouldn't you think that it would make sense for some company to offer a replacement back with an included double sized battery but adding just a few milimetres to the overall thickness?

Nobody likes these extended batteries that plug in at the base. They are ridiculous. Just give me a slightly thicker iPhone which I would gladly accept and double the battery life. It wouldn't cost much to include all the aerials that the iPhone has stored in its back cover.

I remember seeing some company had made an extended battery with replacement back for my previous HTC phone. Unfortunately it was already a beast so was rather unappealing, but the emaciated iPhone NEEDS it.

Please can someone tell me if they have seen this idea in the making as it would make me very happy.

Just one other note. For those who buy cases for the iPhone so as not the scratch especially the back plastic cover, this would solve this problem too. You would keep your original back cover somewhere safe for when you sell it. Then replace it to make the iPhone immaculate again.

2. iWizzard macrumors regular

For my Ericsson GH628 I had a replacement battery that was 5-6 times as thick as the orginal.