Thin Aluminum Keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by b1u3b0y, Nov 5, 2008.

1. b1u3b0y Guest

Hi

I was recently using my mac keyboard (the new aluminum thin one) which I've had since about Christmas last year...and it randomly just started typing in caps..and any number key i would hit would use the symbol rather then the number. I checked the shift buttons and they aren't pushed in..I also checked the cap-locks which wasn't on..what would cause this and is their anyway to fix it???

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

It could be a problem with the electronics inside, it is just broken but I've also seen stuck shift keys. Just some dirt that jams it up (or should I say jams the key "down")

I've not been happy with Apple's keyboards or mice lately. More style than function, I think.

3. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

There was at least one update for the firmware in the keyboard so if you have not run system update yet since starting to use it I would give that a go.

4. b1u3b0y thread starter Guest

Hmmmm...all my software seems to be up to date and I've had the keyboard for almost a year...so I'm pretty sure that isn't the issue..The weird thing is that I've plugged my older keyboard in and it works fine, but if I shutdown my iMac and switch keyboards and then turn it back on it goes into safe boot...would that mean my keyboard is corrupt? Strange

5. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

hardware issue....either the KB is fubarred, or the port you are plugging it into........