Thin Audio?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by lacassius, Feb 3, 2009.

1. lacassius macrumors member

hey I just hooked up my macbook and my mbox with pro tools le and it works great. i wanted to thank everyone for that.

but my question is: I recorded a verse on a song with a recorded verse already on it by another artist. when i compare my verse to his, his sounds more solid while mine seems see thru.

I asked another friend to compare and he described it as mine being open and his being close. or his is thick and mine is thin. How do i go about thickening the sound. I duplicated the verse but that really didnt help much.

I was thinkin it could be the prefrences of how pro tools is set up. or is that just the pre amp? the better the pre amp the more solid? room acustics? is this a common issue?

does anyone understand what i mean?

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

hard to say exactly w/o hearing it, but i reckon you're just looking at "normal engineering" concerns. e.g. is that what your voice actually sounds like, is it the right mic, how was the placement, what are the room acoustics, is the gainstaging correct, how good is the preamp, are the levels correct, etc etc etc.