Thin black lines across iPhone 4 screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PhazonUK, Mar 31, 2011.

1. PhazonUK macrumors 6502

Recently got my iPhone 4 replaced, and I've started to notice that there are small black lines going horizontal across the screen. It's not actual black pixels, it's as if there are very tiny lines between the pixels.
    I never noticed this on my last iPhone 4, so I can only assume it's just something that happens on some LCDs, depending on what manufacturer this LCD was supplied from.

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

3. iFiend macrumors 65816

QFT

No offense OP but I despise these sorts of threads. Almost as much as the "should I buy an iPhone 4 or wait for the iPhone 5?" What's wrong with kids today? Can no one make a decision on their own? :confused:

That said I got a replacement that had the same issue and they replaced it no problem. Make an appointment.

4. PhazonUK thread starter macrumors 6502

Just wondered if this is an actual fault with the LCD or if it's just something that occurs on some types of LCDs and is totally normal.

Taking it back anyway as it seems to enjoy turning itself off whenever it feels like it.

5. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

are you talking about black lines that are little squares? If so, this is normal.

6. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

7. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Have you tried crossing your eyes while running counter clockwise in a circle and chanting yawni in french?
    If so, take it back to Apple. If not, take it back to Apple