Thin Clear Case for iPhone 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MJedi, Sep 28, 2013.

1. MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

Hello all,

I'm looking for a clear thin clear for the iPhone 5s. On my 4S, I loved the Incipio Feather in Glossy Clear. It seems Incipio doesn't make the Feather in Glossy Clear for the 5s. All I see are solid colors.

Right now I'm using the Incase Snap Case (clear) and it's fine. However, it's not as thin as the Feather.

Can anyone recommend something like the Feather and comes in clear? Even a frosted will do, if it looks good.

Thanks.

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I bought my wife a clear Power Support Air Jacket.

It's a little slippery but it fits like a glove and is super slim. Also, it covers everything around the phone.

3. Beezy253 macrumors 6502

4. nuarichard macrumors member

How's the power support air jacket for 5s? I've been contemplating of getting one for my gold 5s as to preserve still showing the gold color. Is there a lip surrounding all around the front of the phone like if I put the phone face down, the screen won't be scratching against the surface?

5. vaultwit macrumors regular

Wow, that looks awesome. But how the heck do you remove the case from the phone??

6. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

The Air Jacket is my favorite slim case because it covers everything while remaining slim. I had a smoke one for my iPhone 5 and it worked nicely.

I think there's a lip on the longer sides of the phone but not the top and bottom. It works well for laying it on a flat surface, but on anything else forget about it.

The clear one looks great on the gold iPhone 5.

It fits snugly so you have to put the phone down face first and peel back the case. It won't break.

7. nuarichard macrumors member

Thanks for the reply. How about the protection the air jacket gives during accidental drops? Or I'm better off with a bumper?

8. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

This case isn't designed for drop protection; no slim case is. I'm not sure how much drop protection a bumper will give you either.

If you want a slim case that can handle drops, you may want to look into Lifeproof.

9. nuarichard macrumors member

Oh ok. Thanks for your inputs. Will definitely consider the air jacket.

10. Kevsta26 macrumors 6502a

I like the cases at www.buypeel.com. They're really thin, simple, made of a durable material, and have no branding on them. The company is sending me one for free to try out.

11. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I'm interested in this too, I want something with an open bottom so it'll fit in my alarm clock and I'd like at least a bit of a lip/lay-on-the-table design.

12. jcde7ago macrumors 6502

jcde7ago

I have this, and it is, IMO, hands down the best thin case for an iPhone 5/5s:

http://www.amazon.com/Caudabe-Frost-Premium-Ultra-iPhone/dp/B00BTT7EK0

You just have to keep in mind that this is meant to prevent scratches, and not to protect against ANY drop whatsoever. It's amazing quality and looks for the price...keeps the design of the iPhone 5/5S intact and looks like there is not even a case on your phone. I would highly recommend it. :cool:

The Caudabe Veil will meet your requirements pretty well then!!

13. kthruz143 macrumors newbie

14. Gizard macrumors newbie

15. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

16. 34 Volt macrumors regular

34 Volt

I really like this. I might get it once I get my Silver 5s

17. Gizard macrumors newbie

Yep it has the slightest lip

18. jwhite4304 macrumors member

jwhite4304

19. rperalta macrumors 6502

That's really nice! I already ordered the black iPhone 5s case and waiting for it to arrive at Best Buy. This "Peel' case is really nice...thinking of buying one. Thanks!

20. MJedi thread starter macrumors 6502a

MJedi

Once you get it, let us know how it looks and feels. Maybe take pics from all sides. The case looks nice from the pictures on their website, but they don't show the sides.

21. Beezy253 macrumors 6502