Thin iPhone 4 case with some grip?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by luckycharms, Nov 25, 2010.

1. luckycharms macrumors member

Hi Folks,

I've been tasked to pick up a case for my mom's iPhone 4 for xmas. She wants something very thin, but that also adds some grip (she's dropped her iPhone a bunch of times already).

I saw a post on the SGP ultra-thin case (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1049810), which looks nice, but i'm not sure how much more grip it adds.

Anyone have more suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!

2. SESpy macrumors regular

SESpy

It adds a fair amount of grip but don't expect too much.
    If you want grip, why don't you go for a silicon or TPU case? Maybe the PixelSkin HD... That's a nice case. The SGP Neo Hybrid is nice as well.

3. SR Steve macrumors member

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I've been using this one for about a month; enough grip to make the phone easy to handle, but not hard to remove from pockets, etc. Doesn't collect dust either.

http://www.amazon.com/Acase-Superle...4Q90/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1290709993&sr=8-2

No complaints here, the bottom is open enough that I can dock without removing the case, and the flash cutout on mine is bigger than what's shown, so no flash issue. Just be sure she knows that none of these slim cases provide much protection against actual drop damage though.

An Amazon search on Acase iPhone 4 will bring up a bunch of other colors as well.

5. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

6. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Pixelskin HD is a good bet. Shame she didn't get the iPhone 4 earlier, then you could get it free in the free case program!

7. reebs macrumors 6502

8. decx macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

The Incase snap case in smoke is quite good and does provide some grip. But like all slim cases offer limited protection from drops.

9. luckycharms thread starter macrumors member

oops, correction: she has the iphone 3, not 4. sorry for the confusion...

10. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

11. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.