thin iphone 5 case full coverage?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by CoriG, Aug 23, 2013.

1. CoriG macrumors 6502

I know there have been thousands of threads on good thin cases and I am sorry for posting another one.

I have gone through so many cases /bumpers in search for the perfect case. Ideally, I would love to find a case that is:

thin
    light weight
    Full coverage
    has an option for clear (that does not scratch too badly - I know wishful thinking)
    is at a price point of 30 or a bit less
    AND has an opening big enough at the bottom that I can still use my 30 pin to lightning adapter, plug into an ihome device, or use the amazon usb/lightning cords.

I have tried the Caze matte bumper, belkin, and poetic..

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Thanks!

2. Infinitewisdom macrumors 6502

How thin is thin for you? If you truly want reallu thin, then there's nothing better IMO than the Caudabe Veil in terms of overall quality and bang for the buck. If that's too thin, then the next alternative would be a Spigen Slim Armor. I'd think both of these address your requirements.

3. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

[SF Matte Black] RINGKE SLIM for Apple iPhone 5 VALUE COMBO DEAL Get A Premium Hard Case + 1 Free Premium Ultimate Clear Plus Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 5 [AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Unlocked, ECO Package]
    http://amzn.com/B00993E8B6

----------

Caudabe: The Veil (Wisp Black) Premium Ultra Thin iPhone 5 case
    http://amzn.com/B00BTT8E5O

4. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

5. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

I love the elago outfit, but it doesn't come in clear. I have the white and silver one. I believe they do have other cases that do come in clear though. Might want to check them out.

6. CoriG thread starter macrumors 6502

7. barryst macrumors regular

I'm looking for the same. It seems alot of the suggestions so far aren't full coverage and expose the bottom.

The exception is the Desmay slight someone suggested, but I thought they were out of favour around here due to quality concerns?

8. Infinitewisdom macrumors 6502

I don't think the Desmay Slight covers the bottom. But if it were me, I'd just get the Caudabe Veil instead if you're going that route. I've had zero problems with it and I'm going on 5 months now. Plus, it's a lot cheaper on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Caudabe-Frost...8&qid=1377714933&sr=8-1&keywords=caudabe+veil

9. barryst macrumors regular

The newer version of the Desmay does

The veil looks nice but i would really prefer full protection. I had the ringke slim for a while which was super nice and thin, but found that i was getting nicks on the exposed edges after a short while.

10. allisfair macrumors member

11. barryst macrumors regular

those with the Tones, have you guys also owned the Noot? i have that as well and love how slim and small (pretty much non-existent) the lip is but it doesn't feel as nice in the hand, feels a bit cheap. i wonder how much thicker the Tones is than the Noot

12. allisfair macrumors member

don't have the noot but just looked at photos from amazon and the lip looks bigger and thicker than the tones. the tones feels great but can be a little slippery sometimes.