Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ntnwwnet

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
Cases so thin they don’t extend beyond the rear camera lens:

spigen-iphone-6-plus-air-skin-case-colors.jpg

dPrmogF.jpg

My Spigen Air Skin ($16) arrived today and it's exactly what I wanted. It's an extremely slim case just like the Caudabe Veil ($15) case I had for my iPhone 5s.

If you're looking for a slim case, this is the one to get (at least for now). It looks like the iPhone 6 with this case will be thinner than a naked iPhone 5s.

Here's some quick pictures I took comparing it to my iPhone 5s:

QRFUAkY.jpg

FDOoYrd.jpg

VScTezI.jpg

----------

caudabe-veil-iphone-6-case.jpg

The Caudabe Veil is also on Amazon now with prime shipping (Caudabe charges $3 shipping on their site).

They're almost identical to the Spigen Air Skin cases.

iPhone 6 black: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...JQWVB6JOCY74FI

iPhone 6 frost: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...U37T6Z6Z5AJOVK

iPhone 6 Plus black: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...FVELAVV6CEVUJK

iPhone 6 Plus frost: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...KQMFFQ4UBPHYCZ

----------

Here's a case that looks identical to the Caudabe Veil, but at half the price:

61a7MLjinNL._SL1500_.jpg

SOJITEK LightR Series - $7 (available in black, blue, clear, pink) (0.25 mm)

----------

[/COLOR]
swees-iphone-6-ultra-slim-thin-tpu-case.jpg

Swees Ultra Slim transparent TPU: iPhone 6 $4.99 – 0.4mm

----------

shumuri-slim-case-blue-iphone-6.png

shumuri-slim-case-clear-iphone-6.png

Shumuri slim case: iPhone 6 $20.99, iPhone 6 Plus $20.99 – 0.3mm

----------

monoprice-ultra-thin-shatter-proof-iphone-6-case.jpg

Monoprice Ultra-thin Shatter-proof: iPhone 6 $5.60 – exact dimensions not given, but thinner than rear camera

----------

Cases that should be thick enough to protect the rear camera lens:

incipio-feather-iphone-6-red-case.jpg

Incipio Feather: iPhone 6 $17.73 in black or $24.99 in all other colors (Incipio website), iPhone 6 Plus $16 in black or $24.99 in all other colors (Incipio website)

----------

spigen-case-thin-iphone-6.jpg

Spigen Thin Fit: iPhone 6 $9.99, iPhone 6 Plus $11.99

----------

ringke-slim-iphone-6-logo-cut-case.jpg

Ringke slim: iPhone 6 $9.99, iPhone 6 Plus $10.99

-----------

61zIvQIq%2BZL._SL1000_.jpg

LUVVITT ULTRA SLIM for iPhone 6 $12.95

-----------

UPYC-82-2.jpg

Power Support Air Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, $30

-----------

81KWh52OLSL._SL1440_.jpg

Diztronic Flexible TPU Case - iPhone 6 $10, iPhone 6 Plus $10

-----------

61-OyyWkhYL._SL1500_.jpg

SOJITEK GemMetal Series - $7 (1.3 mm thin)

-----------

Last edited:

ntnwwnet

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
A bunch more that aren't necessarily thin:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

opEkYU6.jpg

Poetic FlipBook - iPhone 6 ($10) & iPhone 6 Plus ($5)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

61BJbznBcuL._SL1500_.jpg

Spigen Dual Layer ($21)

B7IGapo.jpg

Case Mate Tough Case ($22)

T3Mz6DN.jpg

Baseus Frech ($17)

5FjUgF7.jpg

Spigen Tough Armor ($23), for the 6 Plus ($18)

tD7iMzX.jpg

LUVVITT ULTRA ARMOR iPhone 6 Plus ($15)

XxX5IiB.jpg

Maxboost Crystal Cushion ($10)

ncqLauK.jpg

New Trent Trentium 6S ($22)

418lmhmTRdL.jpg

iVAPO Lightweight Slim Bumper ($11)

XzgkA1Z.jpg

ArmorSuit MilitaryShield Screen Protector ($7)

IAgTABx.jpg

INVELLOP GRAY/BLACK Dual Layer Case ($5)

3Io3SQ0.jpg

INVELLOP Leatherette Wallet ($13)

nt8Wl6C.jpg

Speck CandyShell ($35)

31ipuWXolLL.jpg

OtterBox Symmetry ($40)

pxHVZqM.jpg

URBAN ARMOR GEAR ($35)

Last edited:

gameboy213

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
The Spigen Air Skin didn't help with the slipperiness of the phone and that was the whole point on me ordering it for my plus. Sending it back. Also the clear is really a white color but that didn't bother me.

Cherish

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2014
How about the Power Support Air Jacket Rubber black? It looks very similar to the Incipio Feather but with more protection.

I'm trying to decide between those 2.

Last edited:

davew41

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2013
The Spigen Air Skin didn't help with the slipperiness of the phone and that was the whole point on me ordering it for my plus. Sending it back. Also the clear is really a white color but that didn't bother me.

Yup tried Spigen for 2 phones, to slippery, I emailed them and told them that 99% of their cases are to dam slick on the sides, heck on my galaxy s5 it actually made it slipperier causing MORE drops.. ILL NEVER buy their products again..

gameboy213

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Yup tried Spigen for 2 phones, to slippery, I emailed them and told them that 99% of their cases are to dam slick on the sides, heck on my galaxy s5 it actually made it slipperier causing MORE drops.. ILL NEVER buy their products again..

Yep. I was surprised actually. All I wanted was thin and NOT slippery. Oh well. Back it goes. I have others on order and one I use now that covers the bases pretty well.

ntnwwnet

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
Does your Air Skin have any lip that sticks up around the front?

It does not. The case stops right were the curve of the front glass begins. I'd recommend the Ringke Slim. That has a lip and (at least the black no logo version) has a slightly grippy texture.

----------

Yep. I was surprised actually. All I wanted was thin and NOT slippery. Oh well. Back it goes. I have others on order and one I use now that covers the bases pretty well.

I have the Ringke slim and the black no logo version has a grippy texture. It's not as thin as the cases in the first half, but it's still thinner than the Apple leather case.

ntnwwnet

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
Thought I'd post here: there's a rumour that the Caudabe Veil case may be updated to have bottom protection as well, making it identical to the Shumuri.

ntnwwnet

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
Got my Shumuri case in and it's definitely not worth the $25. The holes on the bottom are misaligned.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I agree with you on the Shumuri. I got two - the frost one had the holes misaligned and then on the blue one the holes were good but the side by the volume buttons is puckered and won't lay flat. I actually like the case if the quality was decent. For the price of a $1 case that is $20, the quality should be spot on.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Got my Shumuri case in and it's definitely not worth the $25. The holes on the bottom are misaligned.

Mine are misaligned too. I emailed them and they have asked me to send photos. I've already taken it off and put another case on so I'm not sure I can be bothered to take that one off and put the Shumuri case on to take photos. It was hard enough to get off in the first place. I don't want to be trying to take the current one off, put that one on, take it off and put the current one back on.

ntnwwnet

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
I'm going to take photos of my defects and send them in the e-mails. I report back and let you know their response.

I'm returning mine and am just going to wait until these start showing up on eBay.

docprego

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2007
Henderson, NV
Last edited:

ntnwwnet

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
I remember somebody in another thread mentioned finding a seller on eBay/Amazon/Aliexpress that found a Shumuri-style thin case with full bottom coverage but can't find the post anymore. Anybody else remember seeing it or where it was?

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Just a head's up that Caudabe will be releasing two new Veil cases, one that will have a small lip extension to protect the camera and the second one will be a full body Veil that will cover everything except the glasss.

I will be getting a few of these for review that I will speak about on the iOSDocked podcast (Jerry's Case Corner). We will be also giving away one of each case where you can win one of these cases by participating in our iWatch giveaway contest (where one of us on the podcast says the word "iWatch" and you tweet the exact time back to us at @iOSDocked twitter account.

ntnwwnet

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2006
Just a head's up that Caudabe will be releasing two new Veil cases, one that will have a small lip extension to protect the camera and the second one will be a full body Veil that will cover everything except the glasss.

I will be getting a few of these for review that I will speak about on the iOSDocked podcast (Jerry's Case Corner). We will be also giving away one of each case where you can win one of these cases by participating in our iWatch giveaway contest (where one of us on the podcast says the word "iWatch" and you tweet the exact time back to us at @iOSDocked twitter account.

Are these listed for sale anywhere yet?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.