Thin iPhone 6 cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ntnwwnet, Sep 13, 2014.

1. ntnwwnet, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014

ntnwwnet macrumors 6502

ntnwwnet

Cases so thin they don’t extend beyond the rear camera lens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Spigen Air Skin ($16) arrived today and it's exactly what I wanted. It's an extremely slim case just like the Caudabe Veil ($15) case I had for my iPhone 5s.

If you're looking for a slim case, this is the one to get (at least for now). It looks like the iPhone 6 with this case will be thinner than a naked iPhone 5s.

Here's some quick pictures I took comparing it to my iPhone 5s:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

----------

[​IMG]

The Caudabe Veil is also on Amazon now with prime shipping (Caudabe charges $3 shipping on their site).

They're almost identical to the Spigen Air Skin cases.

iPhone 6 black: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...JQWVB6JOCY74FI

iPhone 6 frost: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...U37T6Z6Z5AJOVK

iPhone 6 Plus black: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...FVELAVV6CEVUJK

iPhone 6 Plus frost: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...KQMFFQ4UBPHYCZ

----------

Here's a case that looks identical to the Caudabe Veil, but at half the price:

[​IMG]

SOJITEK LightR Series - $7 (available in black, blue, clear, pink) (0.25 mm)

----------

[/COLOR][​IMG]

Swees Ultra Slim transparent TPU: iPhone 6 $4.99 – 0.4mm

----------

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shumuri slim case: iPhone 6 $20.99, iPhone 6 Plus $20.99 – 0.3mm

----------

[​IMG]

Monoprice Ultra-thin Shatter-proof: iPhone 6 $5.60 – exact dimensions not given, but thinner than rear camera

----------

Cases that should be thick enough to protect the rear camera lens:

[​IMG]

Incipio Feather: iPhone 6 $17.73 in black or $24.99 in all other colors (Incipio website), iPhone 6 Plus $16 in black or $24.99 in all other colors (Incipio website)

----------

[​IMG]

Spigen Thin Fit: iPhone 6 $9.99, iPhone 6 Plus $11.99

----------

[​IMG]

Ringke slim: iPhone 6 $9.99, iPhone 6 Plus $10.99

-----------

[​IMG]

LUVVITT ULTRA SLIM for iPhone 6 $12.95

-----------

[​IMG]

Power Support Air Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, $30

-----------

[​IMG]

Diztronic Flexible TPU Case - iPhone 6 $10, iPhone 6 Plus $10

-----------

[​IMG]

SOJITEK GemMetal Series - $7 (1.3 mm thin)

-----------

2. ntnwwnet, Oct 30, 2014

ntnwwnet thread starter macrumors 6502

ntnwwnet

A bunch more that aren't necessarily thin:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Poetic FlipBook - iPhone 6 ($10) & iPhone 6 Plus ($5)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Spigen Dual Layer ($21)

[​IMG]

Case Mate Tough Case ($22)

[​IMG]

Baseus Frech ($17)

[​IMG]

Spigen Tough Armor ($23), for the 6 Plus ($18)

[​IMG]

LUVVITT ULTRA ARMOR iPhone 6 Plus ($15)

[​IMG]

Maxboost Crystal Cushion ($10)

[​IMG]

New Trent Trentium 6S ($22)

[​IMG]

iVAPO Lightweight Slim Bumper ($11)

[​IMG]

ArmorSuit MilitaryShield Screen Protector ($7)

[​IMG]

INVELLOP GRAY/BLACK Dual Layer Case ($5)

[​IMG]

INVELLOP Leatherette Wallet ($13)

[​IMG]

Speck CandyShell ($35)

[​IMG]

OtterBox Symmetry ($40)

[​IMG]

URBAN ARMOR GEAR ($35)

3. JOSE891 macrumors 6502a

JOSE891

For?

4. ntnwwnet thread starter macrumors 6502

ntnwwnet

To add more cases. There's a max number of images I can put in one post.

5. gameboy213 macrumors 6502

gameboy213

The Spigen Air Skin didn't help with the slipperiness of the phone and that was the whole point on me ordering it for my plus. Sending it back. Also the clear is really a white color but that didn't bother me.

6. luked14 macrumors 6502

Does your Air Skin have any lip that sticks up around the front?

7. Cherish, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014

Cherish macrumors member

How about the Power Support Air Jacket Rubber black? It looks very similar to the Incipio Feather but with more protection.

I'm trying to decide between those 2.

8. alan111 macrumors regular

Don't forget the Luvvitt case. Excellent grip and very thin.

9. davew41 macrumors member

Yup tried Spigen for 2 phones, to slippery, I emailed them and told them that 99% of their cases are to dam slick on the sides, heck on my galaxy s5 it actually made it slipperier causing MORE drops.. ILL NEVER buy their products again..

10. gameboy213 macrumors 6502

gameboy213

Yep. I was surprised actually. All I wanted was thin and NOT slippery. Oh well. Back it goes. I have others on order and one I use now that covers the bases pretty well.

11. ntnwwnet thread starter macrumors 6502

ntnwwnet

It does not. The case stops right were the curve of the front glass begins. I'd recommend the Ringke Slim. That has a lip and (at least the black no logo version) has a slightly grippy texture.

----------

I have the Ringke slim and the black no logo version has a grippy texture. It's not as thin as the cases in the first half, but it's still thinner than the Apple leather case.

12. ntnwwnet thread starter macrumors 6502

ntnwwnet

Thanks for the suggestion. Added it to the list.

13. ntnwwnet thread starter macrumors 6502

ntnwwnet

Thought I'd post here: there's a rumour that the Caudabe Veil case may be updated to have bottom protection as well, making it identical to the Shumuri.

14. ntnwwnet thread starter macrumors 6502

ntnwwnet

Got my Shumuri case in and it's definitely not worth the $25. The holes on the bottom are misaligned.

15. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I agree with you on the Shumuri. I got two - the frost one had the holes misaligned and then on the blue one the holes were good but the side by the volume buttons is puckered and won't lay flat. I actually like the case if the quality was decent. For the price of a $1 case that is $20, the quality should be spot on.

16. Mr.C macrumors 601

Mine are misaligned too. I emailed them and they have asked me to send photos. I've already taken it off and put another case on so I'm not sure I can be bothered to take that one off and put the Shumuri case on to take photos. It was hard enough to get off in the first place. I don't want to be trying to take the current one off, put that one on, take it off and put the current one back on.

17. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I'm going to take photos of my defects and send them in the e-mails. I report back and let you know their response.

18. ntnwwnet thread starter macrumors 6502

ntnwwnet

I'm returning mine and am just going to wait until these start showing up on eBay.

19. docprego, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2014

docprego macrumors 65816

Thin iPhone 6 cases

I have this case in that blue color and love it. It fits fantastic and looks great. My only complaint is that the back is starting to get a little marked up from just sliding in and out of my jeans pocket. Previous TPU cases I've had have been more resilient.

20. ntnwwnet, Nov 16, 2014

ntnwwnet thread starter macrumors 6502

ntnwwnet

21. ntnwwnet thread starter macrumors 6502

ntnwwnet

I remember somebody in another thread mentioned finding a seller on eBay/Amazon/Aliexpress that found a Shumuri-style thin case with full bottom coverage but can't find the post anymore. Anybody else remember seeing it or where it was?

22. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

Just a head's up that Caudabe will be releasing two new Veil cases, one that will have a small lip extension to protect the camera and the second one will be a full body Veil that will cover everything except the glasss.

I will be getting a few of these for review that I will speak about on the iOSDocked podcast (Jerry's Case Corner). We will be also giving away one of each case where you can win one of these cases by participating in our iWatch giveaway contest (where one of us on the podcast says the word "iWatch" and you tweet the exact time back to us at @iOSDocked twitter account.

23. pschatz12 macrumors member

24. its Dale macrumors 6502

25. ntnwwnet thread starter macrumors 6502

ntnwwnet

Are these listed for sale anywhere yet?