Thin white line when scrolling firefox nightly rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bobbytallant, Oct 24, 2012.

1. bobbytallant macrumors 6502

Apr 6, 2010
    Hi guys

Recently in firefox nightly, when I am scrolling through web pages I often get a thin white line across the entire window. Fortunately the white line is just within the browser and does not extend past the window - so thinking its a firefox issue.

I am using a rMBP - has anyone encountered this recently with firefox nightly? If it helps the version of Nightly I am currently running is 19.0a1.

It happens a lot and it is annoying. I love firefox so won't be changing anytime soon!

I could have posted this on the firefox forums but wasn't sure if it was rMBP related (and macrumors is the best forum around :)).

Would appreciate your thoughts..

Attached Files:

2. theuserjohnny macrumors 6502

Jul 7, 2012
    I don't use FireFox but based on what you described along with the picture I think it's just a FireFox problem and has nothing to do with the Macbook.
  3. Adamantoise macrumors 6502a

Aug 1, 2011
    It's because you're looking at Microsoft products. :)
  4. bobbytallant thread starter macrumors 6502

Apr 6, 2010
    Great yes thanks for that - again I could have used another forum but I always find answers on here and thought hey why not lol.

Anyone else experiencing this in firefox nightly?

Haha I thought that might get a reaction - I tried to get a website that didnt use a white background - first thing I thought of strangely.
  5. leman macrumors G3

Oct 14, 2008
    Maybe you should try a stable version of Firefox instead a pre-alpha one?
  6. bobbytallant thread starter macrumors 6502

Apr 6, 2010
    The stable versions, last I checked, were not optimized for the rMBP..
  7. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Aug 27, 2012
    Well that's your answer, they are still working out the kinks. Send them an email.
  8. leman macrumors G3

Oct 14, 2008
    Or even better - submit a bug report.