Thincharge case for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Truefan31, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

2. JoePa2624 macrumors regular

JoePa2624

I've been wanting this design for such a long time. I'd love a version for 6s plus. 2... Maybe 3 day battery life would be awesome!

3. Truefan31 thread starter macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Yeah I like this. I have a 6s. Slim case double battery and saving wear n tear on the Lightning port. 60 ain't bad either. Might go ahead and order.

4. Hal~9000, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015

Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Looks amazing.

I would be lying if I said I didn't have a great urge to back it... but it's a non-option for me at this point (until the retail version of it comes out) since Indiegogo offers little, if any, buyer protection from campaigns that are really just professional looking scams:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...he-continued-perils-of-hardware-crowdfunding/

P.S. does the campaign page say anything about the battery case being MFi certified, or even a warranty of some sort?

5. Truefan31 thread starter macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Yeah that's what I'm curious about. At least a warranty be nice.

I actually requested Aaron from mobilereviews eh review it like he did the k11 bumper. Hopefully he will.

I think the company chargetech at least has been around a while.

6. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

Yeah sure, I wouldn't bother with this. Indiegogo.. seriously? If it was even half the product they said it is it would be certified and out on the shelf already. And anyone can get into CES.. they tout that as the end all be all of why you should purchase this product. Not a chance!

7. Hal~9000, Dec 18, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2015

Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

I like the case enough that I'm going to email them asking about the MFi or 1-yr warranty. Hell, I might just stop by ChargeTechs Irvine address on my way to work to see if I can talk to them / see it in person :p

Also if anyone was actually looking at buying the case... on their Indiegogo page it's $59 for case + $10 for US shipping for a total of $69 before tax, but if you search for "ThinCharge" via google you'll come up with links to StackSocial, iLounge, or even BGR (all using the same StackSocial web layout) that sell the case with free shipping and have a 10% off coupon offer pop-up when you first visit the page by signing up for future email offers, bringing the total down to $53 before tax.

Even if I don't end up getting the case it begs the question: Why the hell aren't ALL battery cases using this type of seamless design? :confused: The bottom chin you see in every other iPhone battery case looks horrible and makes the iPhone (which already has a big bezel problem to begin with) have an insane about of bottom bezel, making your phone feel clunky and look awkward.

8. Truefan31 thread starter macrumors 68040

Truefan31

I know. That hump on the bottom is such a deal breaker for me. I'd pay full retail for this if it was legitimate.

Please keep us posted if you hear anything. If it's mfi and has some type of warranty/return policy I'm getting it.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Why is the charging cable shown to be connected at the top?

10. RWil85 macrumors 6502a

That's the port through which the case is charged and I'm assuming does pass-through charging to the phone.

I think some above posters have the right mindset - if this was legit, it would absolutely kill it. Not typing my money up in a potential disaster - would like to know about MFi, warranty, etc as others have posted - will gladly pay retail if this is real deal.

11. Truefan31 thread starter macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Yeah. The mophies are like 100 and this is imo leagues better.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

How would it be on top? Renderings of the outside don't show anything on top, and the connector to lighting port to the phone for pass-through charging is at the bottom, so I don't quite see it making sense.

13. Truefan31 thread starter macrumors 68040

Truefan31

I just messaged them through indiegogo. Waiting for response

14. ozaz macrumors 65816

Did you learn anything?

15. Aleandroid macrumors 6502a

anyone use this case? or know if its mfi certified?

16. naruron macrumors newbie

Do we know anything about the MFi certification?