Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
*Wiglets.

*Custom themes.

*Youtube back as a default app.

*Folders with windows rather than seeing all the apps.

*More social networking integration.

*Ability to delete default apps.

Anymore?

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
I agree with your last two, but also think quick reply from a notification banner should've been in there.

ra4oasis

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Wiglets.- I honestly don't see widgets making it on too ios, at least not in the way they are android. Live icons are more likely.

*Custom themes.- Not gonna happen. Maybe a little more control over the default theme, but themes aren't happening.

*Youtube back as a default app- Set YouTube as default... default what? Or do you mean installed by default? Very silly when it is a free download, if that is what you mean.

*Folders with windows rather than seeing all the apps- Huh? No idea what that means.

*More social networking integration- I know I'm in the minority here, but I so do not care about this. At least we got Flickr and Vimeo support.

*Ability to delete default apps- this would be nice, I agree.

The ability to set default browser, maps, mail app, and so forth would be nice, but I didn't think we'd ACTUALLY get that.

xcodeaddict

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2013
Apple should design iOS Betas so that the screen is scrambled, and only ADC members get special glasses that allows you to view the screen, therefore eliminating "me too" threads that duplicate the obvious.

linescreen

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2002
NYC
I can't help but think this is a case of the emperors new clothes. Because apple is so secretive, they were unable to do A/B testing on the new designs.

I just hope the remove Ive from doing anymore OS work.

I could live with an ugly iphone or mac, but not an ugly OS.

Silvereel

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2010
*Wiglets.

Not sure what those are. ;)

*Custom themes.

Not until hell freezes over.

See above.

What's wrong with the way the folders function now?

There's an app for that.

Could cause bad things to happen. But granted, it's not totally unreasonable.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Could cause bad things to happen. But granted, it's not totally unreasonable.

I think a more likely option would be to move apps like Stocks, Passbook and such to the App Store and continue to have the necessities such as Phone, Mail, Messages and Music being non-removable.

1member1

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2012
Quick reply
Sharing to 3rd apps - like camera to whatsapp
better search in contacts
new keyboard

I love iOS 7 i hope those features come in iOS 8.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
1. It was promised for iOS 6 and still has not arrived: support on external BT keyboards for the same autocorrect, auto cap, etc that the onscreen keyboard has. Double space for periods etc.

I just got a Mini and a Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover. Was disappointed with the small keyboard that the natural autocorrect of iOS was missing when using the keyboard.

2. On the themes, I wouldn't expect that. However, the one thing I would like to see is two basic themes. A light one like they did and a dark one. That way you can either match or contrast your phone color. But it is interesting they added things like making the phone dialer light up in a color pulled from your wallpaper.

3. UpNext for the Music app.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
*Wiglets.

*Custom themes.

Anymore?

Nope they didn't forget anything. You just don't like that they don't agree with you that these things need to be there

eaglesteve

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2009
TouchPal or Swype like keyboard!!!!! Better still, to open up a little bit like what Tim Cook said. That openness should mean allowing third party system wide keyboards.

xFeed

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2013
Houston.
----

They should have added the Twitter & Facebook status updater in the notification bar! It was so handy for a quick status update. Hopefully it's back in the Beta 2. :confused::(

LeoNobilis

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2006
The Netherlands
The greatest omission is that of a proper input system (read: SwiftKey Flow / Swype / T9 / SlideIt)! iOS keyboard doesn't come anywhere near any of these.

There are less significant ones, too (such as a lack of 3G switch in the Control Panel), etc., but really, the lack if a proper keyboard would be my main gripe.

Next on my list would be a number of hardware alterations (I know, these have little to do with iOS 7, but in my opinion, they are well overdue), including a 5" screen (no, not just taller!), powerful Stereo speakers (such as those in an HTC One), waterproofing (Liquipel / HZO / NeverWet), 128GB storage and a decidedly improved battery life (enough to get one through two days of non-stop navigation app use. I know, we'll have to wait for this one at least 10 years). And - should it at all be possible, a much larger / more light-sensitive sensor (this one I wouldn't expect to materialise before half a century from now).

kevo1011

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2010
Autoreply

Is autoreply to much to ask for. I would like to ability to have SMS/iMessage autoreply with a response of activated. I hoping the new API's will allow an app developer to develop a 3rd party app

KieranDotW

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
Canada
Umm... YouTube was removed as a default app because Apple's contract with Google ended, not out of choice... And why is it you're arguing for more default apps (ie. YouTube) and fewer default apps at the same time? :confused:

eaglesteve

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2009
The greatest omission is that of a proper input system (read: SwiftKey Flow / Swype / T9 / SlideIt)! iOS keyboard doesn't come anywhere near any of these.

There are less significant ones, too (such as a lack of 3G switch in the Control Panel), etc., but really, the lack if a proper keyboard would be my main gripe.

Next on my list would be a number of hardware alterations (I know, these have little to do with iOS 7, but in my opinion, they are well overdue), including a 5" screen (no, not just taller!), powerful Stereo speakers (such as those in an HTC One), waterproofing (Liquipel / HZO / NeverWet), 128GB storage and a decidedly improved battery life (enough to get one through two days of non-stop navigation app use. I know, we'll have to wait for this one at least 10 years). And - should it at all be possible, a much larger / more light-sensitive sensor (this one I wouldn't expect to materialise before half a century from now).

Agreeing with everything here. From the iOS standpoint, the number one area for improvement which did not materialise was the input.

Mengels7

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
I'm hoping they actually forgot to add song ratings. I actually frequently change ratings on-the-go and there is no way to do so anymore. If this was intentional then I'm pissed.

eaglesteve

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2009
I'm hoping they actually forgot to add song ratings. I actually frequently change ratings on-the-go and there is no way to do so anymore. If this was intentional then I'm pissed.

I hope they put it back too. I use this quite a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.