Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
1. Safari needs user agents such as Desktop, iPad, etc. All basic browsers have this option, but nope, not safari! This is the ONLY reason I do not use their browser.

2. Selecting default browser - Not everyone wants to use Safari, and you shouldn't be required to open it for every link you click on.

3. VPN needs to stay active for as long as you want it active. Put your phone down for a minute and it will automatically disconnect.

4. OpenVPN support

#4 is huge for business clients that use a VPN to secure their connection. Again, lacking behind android in this category.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
1. Safari needs user agents such as Desktop, iPad, etc. All basic browsers have this option, but nope, not safari! This is the ONLY reason I do not use their browser.

2. Selecting default browser - Not everyone wants to use Safari, and you shouldn't be required to open it for every link you click on.

3. VPN needs to stay active for as long as you want it active. Put your phone down for a minute and it will automatically disconnect.

4. OpenVPN support

#4 is huge for business clients that use a VPN to secure their connection. Again, lacking behind android in this category.

They made huge steps in improvement with Safari on IOS7, but yes I have a few complaints with it as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.