Things are not going well here (Leopard install)

MattG

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
I did an Archive & Install. It seemed to work fine. Then I brought my computer back up. Just for the hell of it, tried doing a Software Update (just to see if it looked any different...see attached picture #1). Then, tried doing a Repair Permissions and it just sits like this for however long you leave it open (see attached picture #2). My VPN no longer opens (though I kind of half-expected that since it happened with the Tiger upgrade as well). Not very pleased right now...

Attachments

lilmoonee

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2003
Relax. Many people are having the software update issue. The repair permissions takes significantly longer now...just give it time and it will work.

ebel3003

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2007
"The Google"
Software Update in Leopard has been working fine up until yesterday afternoon. They are probably just preparing for the launch. The only updates are for iLife and Remote Desktop Client, anyways.

Edit: Seems to be working fine for me now, you should try again.

Ryan5505

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2006
CA
Blue Screen

After the install and reboot, the macbook is only showing a blue screen! Is this normal? Is still going to take a while?

PROJECT359

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
Texas, USA
After the install and reboot, the macbook is only showing a blue screen! Is this normal? Is still going to take a while?
Had the same issue but I just ejected the disk and then held down the power on button and my login screen appeared. Loving Leopard!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.