Things Engadget does like about the new MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 840quadra, Oct 22, 2008.

1. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Just some highlights from the Engadget article that discuss some of the things they like, or commented on otherwise. It is quite obvious that their biggest complaint is the glossy display which is discussed on a separate thread. However, it is clear that they are not too disappointed with the rest of the product, something that is worth noting for those on the fence about this system.

Full article is here
    http://www.engadget.com/2008/10/21/macbook-and-macbook-pro-review/2

Moving on to the Audio sections.

Next Graphics.

Interesting read. I agree with them on many points (both positive and negative) after owning mine for a full week now. Moving from a Powerbook to to the Previous Macbook, I have to agree that the sound quality from the internal speakers was something that surprised me too. While not audiophile quality, it is actually good enough were I may skip bringing my external speakers on some trips for use in the hotel room.

[​IMG]

2. MowingDevil macrumors 68000

MowingDevil

I read somewhere they put a subwoofer in the bottom so there's 2:1 sound. Have they always done this or is this new w/ this version? Might help explain why they sound better although I was told they re-did the entire audio system for this model so better speakers/sound might be a benefactor of that as well.

Also good to hear some good review about the screens. People are so caught up in the reflection they're overlooking the vibrancy/depth of color is much improved.

3. masse macrumors 6502a

masse

I agree with all points. The screen is the best I have ever seen. It's viewable from ridiculous angles an incredibly even. The speakers are so loud I forge to use external speakers often. This thing screams through games.