Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hthomas, Oct 24, 2010.
What programs that help keep everything running well that everyone should get for their macbooks?
None I suppose, as a lot of people run Onyx, but a lot of people don't run it, including me, thus invalidating the "everyone" part.
Maybe these can help: Links to Software Recommendation Threads
- app cleaner - apple doesnt have an uninstaller, this app finds all assosiated files with the program you want to remove
- istat pro - its a widget that tells you the stats of your comp
- fan control - i use this to manually boost the speeds of my fans when doing cpu intensive tasks
- smcfancontrol - i just use this for the temp and fanspeed of my computer on the top bar
- menu meters - shows cpu %'s and such in top bar
- smart utility - check hard disk info
depends what you do on your computer really..
To properly uninstall applications:
from Best way to FULLY DELETE a program?
or you can just get appzapper and not have to hassle with all that rubbish
I've used AppZapper for a number of years and it is really convenient but I've found it does not always find all of the hidden miscellaneous files. Not sure about the other programs out there though.
Did you even read the post you quoted? AppZapper is the least effective app tested.
You don't need any apps to keep your MacBook running well. There are plenty of apps for specific needs, but none are necessary for Mac OS X to run efficiently. Software recommendation links, among other helpful things, can be found here:
Helpful Information for Any Mac User