Things I Love About Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by shanshor, Nov 11, 2008.

1. shanshor macrumors regular

I saw the Leopard Rant and felt the need to post this.

1) Controls are consistent. If you can familiarize yourself with one program, you feel confident that all other apps share the same shortcuts and controls.
    Ex. Cmd+N opens a new window in almost all apps.
    Ex. Cmd+left arrow goes back a page in safari, or a song in itunes.
    I'm not sure if Windows did this, but I sure didn't feel the same confidence that OS X provides.

2) Exposé and Spaces. Do I need to say more? My two most missed features when using a Windows machine.

3) Clutter-Free Desktop. I love being able to have a window fullscreen and not have to rely on minimizing the app to find the shortcut I am looking for,

4) Mac programs are usually more intuitive and flashy. Never noticed this on my PC.

5) Menus are always in the same place. Right in the menu bar.

Opinions? :):apple:

2. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

I think when people complain about niggles with the OS it is important to put it in context: no one has a perfect OS yet, no one has perfect software.

So Leopard represents Apple's “best effort” and it should be compared and contrasted with the current best efforts of other vendors.

I some areas Mac OS X is behind others (handling high load situations), in some areas it surpasses the competition by leaps and bounds e.g. overall ux and development tools.

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

One of my favorite things about Leopard is Quick Look. I don't know how many times I press the space bar to look at a code file when I'm at work on my Dell PC.

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I've learned to love this feature too. Took a while to get used to just how simple it is though. The double-click habit is hard to break!

I also really like Spaces and Time Machine and Screen Sharing.