Things I still haven't figured out about my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iFanaddic, Jul 3, 2009.

1. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

So i've had my phone for 2 weeks now and i've played with it for many hours, however there are still a couple of things I don't get. Thank you in advance for all the answers.

1. The notes I take down with the note app are synced to my macbook but where do they go?

2. The pictures taken with the phone how do I transfer them to my computer and where do they go?

3. If I'm at home using wifi is there a way to deactivate my cellular network? or is the iPhone intelligent enough to prioritize the wifi over the cellular network? I need to make sure it's using wifi or else it will cost me a whole lot more then it should.

4. How do you send multiple pictures by email? I've tried but I couldn't do it.. Is it even possible?

1. okay I just figured out the notes where being synced with the mail app

2. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

1. in the mail app , under notes

2. use iPhoto to transfer them

3. the phone will allways choose a preffered wi-fi service instead of 3g when available

4. open the the photo app and go to your camera roll, click the email button on the bottom left and select multiple pictures

3. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

HTH

4. ineedamac macrumors 6502

3. If I'm at home using wifi is there a way to deactivate my cellular network? or is the iPhone intelligent enough to prioritize the wifi over the cellular network? I need to make sure it's using wifi or else it will cost me a whole lot more then it should.

--You could turn the iPhone on Airplane mode and then force it to just use the wifi if you want to be sure. I believe the iPhone knows enough to use the wifi when it has a wifi connection.

4. How do you send multiple pictures by email? I've tried but I couldn't do it.. Is it even possible?

--Yes, it is possible. Go into the camera roll and when you can see multiple photos tap the share icon and then you'll be prompted to select the photos you want to share.

Hopefully someone else can help with questions 1 and 2.

5. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Thank you guys you just made my life so much easier. God I love this online community!

6. paddyi macrumors member

I never knew you could email multiple pics. Is this a 3.0 thing?

7. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Yep

8. TheMBC macrumors 6502

Yes, it is.

9. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

When emailing pics, if you "share" them, they get sized down, if however instead of sharing, you copy them from the roll into an email, they get sent full size and resolution.

10. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

If you're in the US you have unlimited data, meaning you should never shy away from using your iphone because of "incurring extra costs". If you're not in the U.S., how much data does your plan allow you to use per month?