Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flyguy206

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
I would like to see safari be able to dowload files and have tabs as an option. i would like to see the photo app have some kinda editing features. i would like an option to have a password for photos and email.

kirchnrd

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
Safari tabs
Native clock
Photo editing
Arrow and tab keys
Safari default new page to address bar rather than search bar
YouTube app allow video quality to view
Photos synch in original quality
Safari cache pages

Spudracer

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2009
I would like to see safari be able to dowload files and have tabs as an option. i would like to see the photo app have some kinda editing features. i would like an option to have a password for photos and email.

Tabs eat up RAM and screen real estate. What's wrong with Apple's solution of page switching? It may be painful on a 3G connection but on WiFi running to broadband it's almost as quick as clicking a tab. And if you're going to jump to another tab, you'll probably want to refresh it anyway.

For better or worse, you bought a home in a gated community. The iPad H/W and OS is designed to use the iTunes database as the gateway to the world defined by Apple and its content partners. I'm OK with this for the most part. It provides a snappy user experience without the worries of malware and the S/W to combat it. Design tradeoffs were carefully chosen to make the device what it is.

As for the photo app, I'm guessing that Apple a.) didn't want to step on app developers toes and b.) thought that app developers could probably address user needs better than any single app. There are countless apps for filtering, adding effects through layers, cropping, rotating, adjusting color, etc. Buy as much as you need, no more, no less.

ZZ Bottom

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
Easy: trouble free wifi

I went to BestBuy again today to fiddle with the display models, and two of the four would not connect to either of the in-store wifi networks. One even had the connection error message up in Safari when I walked up to it. Pretty pathetic. I'm still eager to buy one :p

keyofnight

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2009
Seattle, WA, USA.
Tabs eat up RAM and screen real estate. What's wrong with Apple's solution of page switching?

In Apple's Numbers app, Tabs don't take up much space on the screen. If you have more tabs open than the real estate allows, use a swipe gesture to reveal the tabs you can't see. Safari could use the same behavior.

I'm not sure I like the "page switching" interface, but it doesn't matter much to me.

For better or worse, you bought a home in a gated community.

I love this. Can I use it? (;

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.