Things is nice and all but damn.......

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by tweaks, Jan 7, 2009.

1. tweaks macrumors regular

I have used things and it does what it says but wow.....isnt 49.95 seem alittle steep for an app that todoodle and the todo app seems to do for free (nominal price for app)?

http://culturedcode.com/things/

http://www.toodledo.com/

It is just me or does this seem to be a little steep?

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

The price is steep but it is nice. Other options exist, though, and I suspect that the price of Things will drop or it'll just fizzle out.

3. mangoman macrumors 6502a

mangoman

I gauge it by the Time = Money rule. Things, with it's uncluttered, unbloated interface and straightforward system, allows me to move faster, saving time for other, more billable things.

Is that worth 60 bucks total investment? Absolutely.

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I suposed you also thing that the iPhone app is also expensice at $9.99?

I bought ToDo and OmniFocus which I think was $19.99 and both of them are quite good but OmniFocus was even better I thought.

5. Penguinwrangler macrumors regular

Also, I don't need to have an internet connection to add/edit lists and projects on Things. The other Web-based GTD applications do, and that's a potential drawback.

6. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

So, if we're going with time=money (and, as a company they are operating on it) I should be able to pay with this app with 30 minutes of time?

Yeah...not a good rule of thumb to follow. Time IS NOT EQUAL to money, but money may be equal to or greater than time (in today's society).
    Dan x

7. mangoman macrumors 6502a

mangoman

Not sure I understand your reasoning, Dan. And honestly, not sure that I care. Nothing personal. Just have more important, um, Things to do with my time. Like bill my clients at a rate higher than $60/hour.

Cheers!

8. gospel9 macrumors regular

How many of you actually manually sync your task database all the time? I personally much rather a web based solution.

9. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I just checked out Toodledo and immediately set it all up for my tasks and bought the iPhone app. It's great and I love it. I don't think I'll ever use Things again.

10. tweaks thread starter macrumors regular

Just a FYI the Todo app just released a desktop syncing app for your mac. Check it out. I just stumbled on it just yesterday.

http://appigo.com/appigo-sync

it works and it is free!!!

Things..........please lower the price for your desktop app. I would love to try it but DAMN!!!:eek:

11. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

I've been playing with reQall - mostly as a replacement for Jott which I used for to do's but they've decided to start charging. ReQall allows you to add to do's by voice (it can differentiate between to do's, notes, shopping list items, etc) and will recognize due dates as well. Combined with the web page on my Mac where it shows everything I added on the iPhone, this is a great solution for me. Plus - it's free. Pretty cool.

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Wow, that does seem pretty expensive. But as others have said, there are less expensive options available.

13. trentiles macrumors member

Things is a great task manager which I have been using personally for awhile now. It does have some minor glitches but Cultured Code is always good about releasing fix updates.

If you feel Things is too expensive check out my blog because we have teamed up with Cultured Code to giveaway a Things package which include both the iPhone version and Mac desktop version. Link is in my sig.