Things not opening at login (Mail, Adium etc)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sambo110, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

I have had this problem for a month or two, my last thread got deleted a while ago though. I was hoping 10.6.3 would fix it, but no. I have reset the pram, booted into safe mode and verified and repaired disk permissions, unchecked open at login then rechecked it all, but nothing seems to fix it. Does anyone know what could fix this?

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Your previous thread didn't get deleted, no one had any answers.

And just like you "missed" when someone asked what hardware/software you were using, you also missed someone else asking you to try this in a new account.: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9323255&postcount=10

3. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

Weird, my bookmark stopped working so I thought it was deleted. Specs in sig, I'll try a different account later and see if that works.

4. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

Now I have another problem. When I try to make a new account, I click create, and nothing happens. Well, sometimes a spinning thing goes down the bottom left, but nothing else.

5. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

So, I'm still having these two problems, does anyone know how to fix them?

6. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Just to make sure, are you doing this:

Go System Preferences > Accounts > Click the padlock in the bottom left corner and unlock it > Click the plus icon above the open padlock.

This should then allow you to create another user.

7. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

I click the plus, and the new account window opens. I type in a name, eg "Random", press create account, it says are you sure you don't want a password, click OK, then a spinning thing appears on the bottom left, but it just spins forever. And the create account button stays blue and when I click it again the create an account window goes away, but no account.

8. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

Well this is just weird. My mum logged on and everything opened for her, then when I logged on I think everything opened, I wasn't really paying attention though. But now it's not opening.

9. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

Surely there is something I can do to fix it? The apps not opening I mean, don't really care about the account problem.