Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GrantMeThePower

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 12, 2011
Newest iMac (May 2011), base model, OSX Lion

Whenever my computer goes to sleep and i go to wake it up, it never wakes up right. My touch pad stops working correctly. I have to hit the power button to get it to reconnect and then it works fine with the cursor, but it doesnt recognize taps or multitouch...only clicks.

Also, when i launch a new app from the doc it doesn't bounce up and down. The dock light doesn't come on either (i have both of these set up and when i restart the computer they work correctly).

Microsoft Office Reminders also doesn't go away from the dock when i dismiss the reminder, it just sits there.

The other thing i've noticed is that when i "minimize" a window (i.e. safari browser with an active website) rather than 'hiding' in its icon on the desk it goes into the right side of the dock next to the trash can.

If i restart the computer or shut it down and then start from scratch everything works fine again.

This is driving me NUTS. Can anyone help?

Thank you!

PS I am running 10.7.3, but this was happening even before 10.7.3

dookie1459

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2012
My issue is that the screen typically freezes when waking up from sleep. I need to click on the track pad and point my cursor to the center of the screen and "erase" the screen to unveil the log on.

Anyone have such a similar problem? I do not have this on my iMac and MBP which were prior to 2010. Only on my MBA which is about 5 months old. All running 10.7.3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.