Things that don't work correctly or buggy

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by brian-ky, May 2, 2015.

1. brian-ky macrumors newbie

Here is a list of some of the bugs that need to be worked out in next firmware update:

1. Calendar entries: all entries created on iPhone (in Exchange account) show as double on the Watch. If created in Outlook (on Mac), they only show once on the Watch.

2. Email notifications: sometimes they work, sometimes not. Not consistent.
    No ability to easily swipe and immediately delete email from notification screen.

3. Remote: needs to have ability to add to Glances

4. World clock on Faces: if watch is set-up with 12-hr instead of 24-hr time, no ability to know if time shown for alternative time zone on Faces is AM or PM.

5. Weather update on Faces: slow to update when landing in new city. Often requires to open up Weather app on Watch before it pushes the update.

6. WiFi: doesn't hand off well between BT and WiFi. Seems to try to keep BT connection only unless you force it by turning BT off on iPhone.

2. Kovich macrumors newbie

I am greatly intrigued by how this data flow all works.

I concur that the weather app is sticky. I find the same with stocks as well. How does the watch get its weather data.

I have found it can take until 10.0am before the weather updates on the watch after it has been in plane mode over night. And sometimes I will have one temperature on a complication, one temperature on the glance and one temperature on the weather app.

Is the Watch using the internet connection on the phone to grab the weather from Yahoo, or is it using the app on the phone which has grabbed the weather from Yahoo. If the latter, does the watch effectively rely on background app refresh working on the iPhone.

I have my watch weather set on Current Location and I think this makes it even harder for it to get it right.

And as a general point for third party apps: do they rely on background app refresh work on the iPhone. I think this may be the case as the NYT on the watch is very laggy and refuses to update which could be because I can't get background app refresh on the NYT on my iPhone to work.

3. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I had trouble getting directions to stop. If you force touch the screen, the watch gives you an option to stop directions, but my phone kept going. As a result, the Apple watch kept bothering me.

4. ledzepfan1981 macrumors regular

ledzepfan1981

Third-party app notifications don't work on Bluetooth for me. To get them, I have to have it on wifi.