Things that I hate about MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ZunePod, Apr 7, 2009.

1. ZunePod macrumors regular

When I got my MacBook, I was going to buy the Air, but here's a few things that put me off:

1) Only 1.86GHz
    2) Storage, not enough, I need 320GB at least
    3) Price - quite expensive for what it is
    4) Trackpad - that button is so annyoing
    5) Lack of ports

Anybody else agree with me?

2. ant043 macrumors regular

Well fair play to you. The air doesn't meet your needs but meets plenty of other users criteria. Why state the obvious ? Pointless thread

3. gooddeal macrumors regular

gooddeal

4. gcmexico macrumors 6502a

gcmexico

GEEZ another one of these useless post...just move on:apple:

5. gsampson macrumors member

The Macbook Air is a niche product. It's not good for everyone. I absolutely loved mine, since it was so light and I could take it everywhere with me. There wasn't any compromise on the screen or keyboard, and I liked that. Being a student this is great. I didn't need all that other junk, plus I have a 24in iMac at home for anything else.

Unfortunately, I had the Rev A and my hinge came loose once. Applecare fixed it, but I was too scared that it would happen again. So now I have the MacBook 2.4ghz. It seems that the Rev B fixed this though, so I would def be someone who could use the Rev B.

6. roslee7 macrumors regular

agreed. if you already know that hardisk and the Mhz is not your expectation? and why you still buy it? I am happy with my MBA coz i just do normal stuff and back home, i have a mac mini to do my video editing. People who bought MBA probably because of the weight, normal user, the sleek design and in-thing and for those who carry it everywhere most of the time even though they already know the limitation. So next time, if you bought the macbook pro, you will also complain coz why is it so heavy. Hard to justify everyone i guess

7. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

Fixed it for you.

8. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I hate the MBA because the MBP in front of me isn't one.

And lol @ above post.

9. ZunePod thread starter macrumors regular

lol

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I like threads started for the sole purpose of justification for not owning something or owning something. Whatever the OPs reasoning is, this thread is as pointless as they come.

11. Hammer97e macrumors member

If you need at least 320g hdd, why does your MB only have 160 hdd?

12. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

Different strokes for different folks. What might not work for you might be a blessing to others. I know when I'm going around meeting clients I don't need the raw power of lets say a MBP, and I'm definitely glad that my shoulders now don't hurt anymore because of a heavy laptop.

If you think the MBA is under-featured and overpriced, then you're entitled to your opinion. But making a thread about why you "hate" something just because you don't own it or have the need for it is actually quite pointless.

13. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Clearly the MBA is not for your needs or uses. Why not start a thread about how you were going to buy a Mac Pro but it was:

1) Too heavy to carry around all the time
    2) Doesn't fit into a nice laptop bag
    3) Price - too expensive for something so huge
    4) Has to be plugged in to work - annoying for power users on the go
    5) Lack of display

14. ZunePod thread starter macrumors regular

upgrading it tonight.

15. dudeitsjay macrumors regular

On the MBA? how?

16. Veinticinco macrumors 6502a

Veinticinco

Good for you *stifles yawn*

I am right this second eating a cheese and salad sandwich. The cheese is Jarlsberg, a favourite of mine, especially the slightly mature Norwegian brand with the black label not the supermarket repackaged 'lite' variant.

Not particularly relevant I know, but infinitely more so than this embarrassing thread you saw fit to post.

17. dborja macrumors 6502a

The MBA does not fit everyone's needs; nor does the MBP, the MB, the Mini, the iMac and the MacPro.

Hmmm, maybe a "Things that I hate about <your choice here>" should be started for the other 5 or so (7 if you count the iPod Touch and the iPhone) Apple computing platforms... :rolleyes:

18. Veinticinco macrumors 6502a

Veinticinco

He means on his MB, you know the one he's so in love with that he saw fit to start a thread on the MBA forum just to say (reading between the lines) what a POS he thinks the MBA is.

19. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

You, sir, are awesome. :D

20. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Well, to be honest, what I hate about the OP's Macbook is the horrible screen. When you tilt it forward it washes out, when you tilt it backward it loses contrast and clarity which makes watching movies on it nearly unusable. The MBA has an beautiful screen with high contrast and a large viewing angle. Everyone has certain needs but I care more about what I see on the screen vs. features I may or may not use.

21. Cove Wood macrumors newbie

I like larger viewing angles too and will be checking out the MBA soon for this reason. Thanks for the tip!

22. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

1) Only 1.86GHz= Its ment for email web small video.
    2) Storage, not enough, I need 320GB at least=not a main computer small amounts!
    3) Price - quite expensive for what it is= Dell released an ultraportable with less for more plus OSX?
    4) Trackpad - that button is so annyoing=I perfer the button over the new trackpad no accident clicks!
    5) Lack of ports=Its an ultraportable no a main computer.

If you want all that get a macbook less $ more ports and no button!:apple:

23. Cove Wood macrumors newbie

Research is the best way to get want you want out of anything you buy, especially computers. Thoroughly research every aspect of a computer so you won't find out later after spending your hard earned money that it fails your needs.

24. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

NICE:cool:

25. mhnajjar macrumors 6502a

mhnajjar

Are you as cool in real life :D