Things that need to be done after buying the iPodTouch 3G (also case advice please)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by hajime, Oct 25, 2009.

1. hajime macrumors 68040

Hello. Just bough the iPod Touch 3G 64GB. I have not opened the box yet. Besides getting a protective case and a screen film protector, what are the things that need to be done first? Should I use it until it shuts itself down due to lack of power. Then, recharge it to 100% and then use it? (At least I did this kind of battery calibration when I first got my MBP).

I read that the Anti Glare Film for iPod touch (2nd Gen.) from Power Support is good. I hope that it is compatible with my IPT 3G. However, as it is holiday on Monday in Hong Kong, Apple Online Store is not going to process my order until Tuesday. Will there be a problem if I use the iPod Touch for a few days before the film protector arrives? Thanks.

2. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

You will be fine without a screen protector. I didnt use one with my 2nd gen and I dont use one with my 3rd gen. Just make sure you have a case cause the back will scratch terribly without one.