Things to bring to an Interview?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Xander562, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

I'm going into an interview/meeting type thing with the Technical Director of my college. I'm looking to be a stage hand/tech at the school theatre. So far I've thought of a copy of my resumé, typical week schedule, and a pen and a pad of paper to take some notes with. Can anyone give advice on what else to bring / what do do during the interview?

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Would your name be on any previous plays booklet thingy? Maybe keep one or two handy.

Turn off your cellphone, very important.

All that I can think of, I am a corporate guy. :eek:

3. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

4. Xander562 thread starter macrumors 68000

Xander562

Gah! I can't believe I never thought to save those things! :mad::eek: Thats a good idea.
    Sorry?

5. sanPietro98 macrumors 6502a

sanPietro98

definitely bring... Pants.

but seriously, I interview a lot of people. Just bring your self confidence. Don't memorize and recite facts. Make them know that you can think on your feet.

6. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

also, be sure that you are well rested ... if you go in looking and feeling drained, it can affect their decision. be sure not to be sugar coaty

7. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

Confidence.

Oh, and questions. When they ask if you have any questions, be sure you have 2 or 3 you can ask. "When will you come to a decision?" is always a good one, as is "What is an average day/week like?" Show that you're interested. Granted, you'll want to phrase them better than I did here, but you get the idea. Good luck! :)

8. foidulus macrumors 6502a

If you have previous experience

You may want to take some artifacts(pictures, videos, drawings, whatever) of those experiences with you, but honestly I doubt it would come up. Like everyone else has said, be confident and keep it simple.

If they REALLY wanted you to bring something, they would have told you about it when they scheduled the interview.