Things to do for her Birthday while I'm away?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MST, Jul 2, 2008.

1. MST macrumors 6502

MST

It's my girlfriend's Birthday on the 15th August but unfortunately I'm going to be away on holiday in the US for 3 weeks from the 2nd (actually I'm quite looking forward to it, shhh!), and so I'm going to be missing it.

I've just ordered a nice handmade card to leave with her to open on the day which I'm going to try and write a nice Birthday message in, and I'm planning on getting her a gift from Tiffany to give her when I get back, but I was just wondering whether anyone here can think of anything they've done for a loved one whilst they've been apart?

2. teflon macrumors 6502a

teflon

Order gifts and/or flowers from an online shop or a local shop that does deliveries, and have it delivered to her door on the day of her birthday.

Get her a gift card to a spa, shopping centre or restaurant so she can celebrate with her friends.

Oh, and DON'T FORGET TO CALL ;) !!

3. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Did the washing up first then went down the pub and got bladdered

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

So you'll be back by August 16th or 17th anyway, right? Celebrate it with her then. It'll be a Sunday.

A home-made card is a very good idea. I did that for Valentines Day. I bought coloured arts and crafts "construction paper" and cut out mountains, trees, lakes, butterflies, the sun, etc, from the different coloured papers I had bought. Then I just glued it to a blue card, and she LOVED it. Cost me around £2, although that's not the point. She loved it......all £2 of it. Buy her a souvenir from the US, and you'll be fine. :)

5. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

definitely the handmade card. If you want to be really cute, buy her a few "little gifts" and wrap and label them according to the day she should open them, like from her birthday through to when you get back. It can be little things, a mix tape, a photograph, something small...but the idea is to build to when you come back and celebrate her birthday with her.

6. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Tiffany...nice! Like someone else said, send her flowers on her exact birthday and call. I'm sure when you get back and give her that present from Tiffany's, she'll be quite happy. I know I would, and yes I'm a girl, so I can say that, lol.

7. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Sounds like the best plan to me.