Things to note in Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by aaquib, Mar 10, 2009.

1. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

- Well the text definitely does look different.

- Apps open up faster

- UI is relatively the same, with the exception of the Quicktime X changes.

- Still a relatively buggy release. I anticipate a no earlier than June release date. However, still significantly more stable over prior builds.

- As with prior builds, it has an extremely quick install time. 20 minutes from the second I hit install.

- There are no tabs in finder, and it generally looks the same as Leopard.

- I'm a big fan of the new "Stacks". Much bigger icons, more organized with scrolling.

- Generally, things are just cleaner, more organized, and quicker.

- Test replace works great, and just like the iPhone. I can't seem to get it working in Safari, but in Pages/Textedit, it'll just replace mistakes as you type and it's a remarkable feature.

- Quicktime X will play your video as if it is simply floating on your desktop. No borders/buttons AT ALL. Once you hover your mouse over the video, then you see play/pause, volume, forward/previous, and the title. It's very iPhone-esque. It really is just floating over your desktop.

- Another thing I noticed is multitasking. Previously, when I had Photobooth open, and switched to any other app, Photobooth would no longer continue capturing video, but instead just freeze the frame at the current image. The latest Snow Leopard build actually allows you to simultaneously preview yourself in Photobooth while on any other app.

2. Tesselator macrumors 601

Tesselator

Bummer!

Are there more ways to view images in finder? I want scalable icons like vista has. I love that feature. In Vista I think a folder of images will display previews at somewhere between 640 and 720 pixels across with a zoom-slider in the bottom right of the folder window (which I guess they stole from iPhoto).

In 10.5.6 you can kinda do that by viewing the results from a spotlight image search. Not as big and not really the same but kinda like what Vista has.

Is it there in SL?

3. aaquib thread starter macrumors 65816

aaquib

As far as I can tell, there are the same 4 views. No resizable images whatsoever.