Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheBusDriver

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 24, 2005
Is there any special thing you can do with the apple remote? Other than frontrow which i forget about often lol. I would really love it if you could operate the Photo Booth picture button with it.

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
you can detonate you battery by hitting all the buttons at once, its the real reason apple designed it.

edit: now for something useful. You can put your mac to sleep by pressing and holding play/pause button.

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
You can make it stick to the side of your iMac for safe keeping. :p

But really, I like the sleep feature.

semaja2

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2005
Adelaide
SofaControl allows you to do heaps, as well as other apps like VLC etc work with the remote on their own.

PS. Im actually writing up a little framework so more developers can use the remote in their apps ;)

tommyhonda92

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2005
Edmonton, Ab
By just doing a quick check on a few programs, it seems that any program that has a play/pause, fastforward/rewind etc. button can be controlled with the remote. I just checked DVD Player, Quicktime, itunes, etc. and all work to do the basics with the remote. Neat.

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
You can hold down the Menu button on boot-up to select a volume to boot from. If you have boot camp installed, you can boot to Windows through your remote!

zweigand

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Apps that I know work with the remote

iPhoto - slideshows
iTunes
Quicktime
VLC

Vegeta-san

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2006
Is there any special thing you can do with the apple remote? Other than frontrow which i forget about often lol. I would really love it if you could operate the Photo Booth picture button with it.

You can operate PhotoBooth with it if you get a program named iRed Lite and dick around with it. I figured out how to add a new layer and blablabla like in 30 min. If you try and its too hard, hit me back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.