Alaxlmartin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 20, 2018
It was reported by not good source Digitimes, but Apple needs to stay competitive with Samsung and other phones offering this rate. Will it happen in 2020 or will it be a few years down the line. Because I have the 11 Pro Max, this would be about the only selling point.

808drums

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2017
It was reported by not good source Digitimes, but Apple needs to stay competitive with Samsung and other phones offering this rate. Will it happen in 2020 or will it be a few years down the line. Because I have the 11 Pro Max, this would be about the only selling point.

Samsung doesn’t have a 90Hz/120Hz phone. This is expensive and consumes power. This is why Pixel 4 have poor battery life or OnePlus had to cut down features on their devices prior to the high refresh rate screen.

Comment

mouthster

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2005
I'd be more interested in a variable refresh-rate screen like the Apple Watch Series 5 that can go down to 1Hz for some always-on action.

Reactions: Wide opeN
Comment

The Game 161

macrumors Penryn
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Samsung doesn’t have a 90Hz/120Hz phone. This is expensive and consumes power. This is why Pixel 4 have poor battery life or OnePlus had to cut down features on their devices prior to the high refresh rate screen.

It’s coming on the S11

Comment

now i see it

macrumors 604
Jan 2, 2002
Why ask the question? Obviously nobody knows. And do you need to know now? Can't wait until September? Might as well ask who's going to be the next CEO.

Comment

teeshot44

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2015
US
Device that small, it's more an advertising gimmick. Average user can't tell the difference.

Comment

Alaxlmartin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 20, 2018
Why ask the question? Obviously nobody knows. And do you need to know now? Can't wait until September? Might as well ask who's going to be the next CEO.

So I can decide what to save/buy for next year.

And also, I wish I was the next CEO. Things like IPhone SE 2, I Pad Micro LED, Iphone 120 refresh with USBC would have came already. Not to mention their cheapness in the box.

Comment

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010

They don’t but they are sourcing the displays so they have the tech

Comment

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
So I can decide what to save/buy for next year.

And also, I wish I was the next CEO. Things like IPhone SE 2, I Pad Micro LED, Iphone 120 refresh with USBC would have came already. Not to mention their cheapness in the box.

Lol. You do realize if s micro LED iPad came out now the price tag would be insane. There’s a reason behind everything and just because you want it doesn’t make it a good business decision. If rumors are true USB C isn’t going to be on an iPhone.

Comment

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
Device that small, it's more an advertising gimmick. Average user can't tell the difference.
It’s noticeable on the iPad but to me it’s an overrated requested feature. Everyone drools over pro motion for some reason lol

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.