Think all the ipad 2's are on ebay.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Timisone, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Timisone macrumors member

So many on there. Think people just went to stores just to put on ebay. Haven't seen one go close then 150 of retail price.

2. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

Who cares? why are so many of you crying over this... the answer is simple.. dont buy from ebay and wait patiently...

You americans seem very impatient. Try living here in the UK where you get taxed for breathing and have to wait much longer than most places to get anything... (except the 3DS i think thats the first time ever... we have had some sort of console/handheld before the US)

3. grawk macrumors 6502

grawk

The market will settle down as supply improves.

4. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

I live in the UK and the problem is all the Brits just put up with the taxing. Road Tax, Fuel Tax, TV Tax, VAT (20% on all goods. Imagine the clamor in the U.S. if State taxes were all of a sudden 20%!) By the way, American's did something about the taxing a couple hundred years ago. Boston Tea Party, Don't Tread on Me, No taxation without representation... American's were impatient then too. Seems to have worked out for them though.

5. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

- the health care

Atleast we have the NHS even if its not perfect its here for us all rather than paying for private health care

6. JamesSmart macrumors newbie

JamesSmart

7. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

It is a bit shocking seeing SO MANY on there

People are right that those who wait in line can do what they want. I still see them as scumbags. Others don't.

8. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Yep, here for everyone, even non-Brits! Glad out taxes go to pay for them too!

9. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

1. so buy one from ebay then. Or don't. but don't complain about it on the internet, because, you know, that's what everyone is doing on these forums and it's pointless.
    2. the average income in the UK is higher too, and as someone has said, the NHS kicks any other system into touch. I don't think it's as simple as saying 'we pay less tax'.

10. Charlie Sheen macrumors 6502

Charlie Sheen

Do not buy those overpriced devices on ebay just wait. I mean 5 weeks isn't that bad.

11. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

I love resellers. In Norway the iPad 2 wifi only 64gb cost around 1100 dOllars in retail stores. I ordered two 64gb for 1050 dollars each with shipping.

I didnt get import fees either. Seller set 40 dollar value and gift. So I'm not complaining.

12. NokiaFanatic macrumors newbie

A co-worker an i have been so fortunate. I picked a 16 GB white wifi only on launch day at a BB. Then, the next day, he found one amidst the iPad 1's in a target display case - ended up being a 16 GB black 3g ATT. He listed that one on ebay. Then, 5 days later we picked up a 16 GB Black 3g ATT, 32 GB black ATT, 32 GB black wifi (for him), and a 64 GB white 3G. So together, we have, or will be since apple put the lock down on selling 1 per week, 5 on ebay - PLUS he sold his iPad 1 16 GB for 430 on ebay - free shipping. We still cant figure that one out...

I feel bad that people are waiting specifically for these models on here, but in life, its mostly about being in the right place at the right time. I'm sure people all over are finding 64 GB black wifi only models all around, and thats what i'm after - but oh well....

13. 2 Owls macrumors regular

14. ravenas macrumors regular

Uh huh. Let's see what tune you sing when the international launch gets delayed due to US shortfalls or you wait in line 2 days and can't find one.

How hard is it for people to have a little empathy around here? Geez, the problem has never been having to wait in line. It's that we are are not being giving any information about what's available or what is due in! Corporate policy has been downright abusive with this launch. They are doing absolutely nothing to ameliorate demand in a less stressful manner. No pre-orders, no wait lists, stores aren't even being told what shipments to expect. No crackdown on the scalpers. It's all Apple corporate pushing the stupid lines. And then they can't even seem to deal properly with people being sold defective stock needing exchanges. One guy here returned his dented iPad the next day and got a store gift card (i.e. Apple kept his money and gave him nothing in return). He's been hunting for a replacement model going from line to line ever since. WTF is that?!!!

The ebay sales are expected. It happened with the Wii. The outrage should be directed at Apple corp. Their shoddy way of dealing with demand has created the rise of scalpers.

15. MBPLurker macrumors member

Even if they knew what was coming in and when, it would be a bad idea to inform the general public. With such limited shipments, and the facts that shipments can be delayed, diverted, and damaged at any time, Apple would have even angrier customers demanding freebies if they were promised that a certain model would be in stock or en route and it wasn't.

16. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Well, for those, whom simply cannot wait for incoming supplies, eBay may be the only solution. Especially, if the article about iPad 2 component shortages from Japan, due to the earthquake are true.