Think Apple Lets Me Do This? (Moral Move)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kardiackeith, Mar 15, 2012.

1. kardiackeith macrumors member

After reading everything about the iPad taking up more space due to Retina, I'm kind of worried about 16GB being too small.

Do you think if I call Apple when I get my iPad, and ask them to hold the one I want, and in return, I will bring them the unopened one I receive in the mail.

I know I have a month to make the switch, but I just want it to be done and over with.

2. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

Don't you have 14 days?

I don't think they will do this, though. Just because of the sheer rush. If you really care about it, head to your nearest Walmart (seems they have more than enough in stock :p ) and then return your iPad in store.

3. Icarus73 macrumors regular

No. They don't want you returning your iPad to their store. It counts against their sales $$. You'd be better off returning via Apple.com and buying via store if you can get them to hold it.

On a side note I don't think you can convince any store to hold any iPad for any amount of time for any reason while stock is in short supply.

Best of luck, though!

4. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

I think what fullmanfullninj meant was buy the 32GB iPad at Walmart, and then later return the 16GB to the Apple Store for a refund.

5. Icarus73 macrumors regular

That would work. It's not the nicest thing to do, but it would definitely work. I was responding to the thread starter though.

6. kardiackeith thread starter macrumors member

I wanted the 4g Verizon with it.

Whatever, I guess it's not that big of a deal right now. I'll see how it goes after a week.

30 Apps + 300 songs + a movie or 3 episodes of an hour TV series.

I should be cool with 16. The reports out there are causing panic.

7. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

Ah, I gotcha.

8. GUCCIMAN macrumors regular

bro just use it for ~2 weeks, order the other one and return it before its too late. #firstworldproblems seriously lol

9. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I bet if you went into the store in the morning with your 16GB, you could walk right up to a blue-shirt and they'd be more than happy to exchange it right on the spot - no lines. Apple's usually pretty cool like that. As long as your box isn't open, they'll sell it to the next person in line.

Of course, some of the high-horse riders around here would say that you're depriving hard-working folks of their god-given right to a 32GB iPad, but I'll steer clear of the moral dilemma (because there isn't one).