think apple music might get The Beatles soon

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by princessgleek, Aug 13, 2015.

1. princessgleek macrumors member

princessgleek

Don't hold me on this but i've noticed several playlists which have shown up on apple music in last couple of weeks with greyed out Beatles tracks on them, these I think are new playlists as they have new songs on them. Not sure Apple would be adding Beatles songs to playlists unless they thought they would be on apple music soon

2. swandy macrumors regular

Since Apple Records has allowed all their other artists (Billy Preston, James Taylor, etc.) to be on Apple Music except the Beatles, I would assume it is under negotiations. But I have seen other playlists (especially the ones curated by the various magazines and other sources, that have had songs greyed out also, not just The Beatles.

3. princessgleek thread starter macrumors member

princessgleek

Yes but those playlists were created probably before apple music went live, and some of those haven't gone live yet or were available or have been taken down, with The Beatles they weren't on any playlists until the last couple of weeks so that's what makes it interesting for me

4. Tech198 macrumors G4

Not a chance.

Apple music has a separate catalog to iTunes store, so just because its on the store doesn't mean its available for streaming..

Two separate catalogs and licenses. Apple has worked good before......

If you see Beatles on Apple music it won't be anytime soon. I'd say minimum a few months at most IF this happens. That's a big 'if'.

5. princessgleek thread starter macrumors member

princessgleek

I just think it's weird putting their songs on playlists unless they're going to get them, just wait and see I guess