Think Apple will be happy about this?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by patp, May 4, 2011.

1. patp Guest

2. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

3.5 lbs! Jesus, that's more than a 13" MBA. That kind of weight quickly defeats the point of a tablet. And only three hours of battery life - there goes one of the other main reasons I use my iPad over my laptop.

I'd love to root for the little guy, but it sounds like this little guy took absolutely no time to understand the market he's getting into. This has none of the advantages of a tablet other than a touchscreen.

They also clearly didn't look into the whole "Can/will they sue us?" thing very deeply if they don't think Apple will jump all over that. It really is an exact replica other than scale.

WTF were they (and anyone who funded them) thinking?

3. iRance macrumors regular

I give him two weeks max before he gets sued.

4. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

My favorite quote is this:

"“Are they [Apple] going to sue everyone that has a device that looks like the iPad?” Rodriguez said."

YES. It's called protecting your patent rights and Apple can afford the lawyers to do it to anyone who comes close to infringing.

Companies like Apple file (or threaten to file) patent infringement suits every day. It's only when the two parties are huge (see, Apple v. Samsung) that it makes the news.

5. lannim macrumors member

6. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

They don't have to sue everyone if he's the only one stupid enough to blatantly violate their design patent. I hope they throw him under the prison just for being that stupid.

7. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

I'm sure Apple's legal team will be introducing themselves to this guy soon.

8. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

Would expect something like this to surface out of China or another market known for knockoffs... but to have a 4 person start-up in Apple's home state attempt it.... no words.

9. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

I don't know about anyone else, but to my eyes this just shows how weird a widescreen iPad would look.