Think as time goes on the RMBP screens will get better ???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by intz2nu, Nov 6, 2012.

1. intz2nu macrumors 6502

intz2nu

So with the retention thing and dead pixel thing going on, does anyone here know or feel that in a few weeks or month or two to come if the screens will get fixed or be any better as time goes by with the RMBP's? I recently just sold off my Air cause of wanting a retina display machine. I have never owned anything with a retina display or seen anything retina in person. I was all over the 13" model RMBP till all I read all these bad display problems and also see that the 13" model RMBP isn't much more than a 13" MBA but only with a retina display, given the specs within it.

2. blaake macrumors regular

I personally think that they are working on this problem now. from reading around it seems that there are A LOT of people returning theirs due to problems with the SCREEN which is their main selling point of the rMBP vs the cMBP. I would imagine that when they fix this problem, or make a new screen, they will replace their current stock of rMBP,s screens and not even announce that there was ever a problem.

3. ssn637 macrumors 6502

Well, some recent buyers of the 13" rMBP model are reporting IR after a few hours' of use right out of the box, so I don't think Apple has solved this problem yet. Mine is on order and I can assure you it will be going right back for a refund if it shows the slightest sign of IR, since an LG display is all but guaranteed and I'm not convinced a firmware (or software) update will be our saviour.

4. intz2nu thread starter macrumors 6502

intz2nu

If Apple isn't working on it this is a bummer cause I am just dying to make a purchase but I really can't see making a purchase and then returning it if theres a problem and in return they will send me another faulty unit. I guess I am afraid of being one of those on here who went through more than one return of their units. I was in hopes and thinking that with all the returns and problems they are getting from people that they are at least maybe working on doing something so they don't need to see a bunch of units being returned/replaced/repaired.