Think Different Posters 24"x36"?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by ethenocytidine, Sep 27, 2008.

1. ethenocytidine macrumors newbie

Anyone have any idea where I can sell 8 Think Different Posters? Ted Turner, Miles Davis, Pablo Picasso, Martha Graham, Lucy and Desie, Gandhi, Joan Baez, and Marian Callas. They are all 24" x 36" posters and are authentic originals. I have had them for years and recently discovered they have become collectible. I have no idea how to assess their condition/value, some have very minor flaws others have small tears. I have come to realize many posters listed on ebay are fakes and because of this I don't think I can get much from ebay. I live in Honolulu, and our collector shows are pathetic, anyone know how I can sell these?

2. macEfan macrumors 65816

macEfan

Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    Seriously ebay is your best bet. Many of the ones on ebay are reproductions, so if your posters are genuine and you have some sort of proof, they will fetch quite a good sum.

3. madfresh macrumors regular

Yeah, I would also have to say go with ebay. There are also members of this board who may be interested in them also.

4. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I had no idea these were collectibles now. I'll have to go dig mine up, I have a few as well.

5. madfresh macrumors regular

Yeah, they're pretty high in price depending on the condition. You can get upwards of $300 or more for each poster.

6. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

Are you serious? I have a few that I ordered but never opened, still in their roll/case. Got to check into this.

7. ethenocytidine thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your input

thanks for all your input, I will probably put them on ebay when I get a chance. By the way, I did email "The Missing Bite" and they said they buy them, but only deal in mint condition posters. Mahalo

8. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

9. krye macrumors 68000

krye

Too bad you don't have the Jim Henson ad the Lennon ones. I would have given you a few hundred for them.

10. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

I have 5 24x36 Think Different posters in mint condition, still in the tube as shipped from Apple. The posters are:
    Mahatma Gandhi
    Thomas Edison
    Pablo Picasso
    Alfred Hichcock
    Amelia Earhart

I don't even want to spread them out to take a picture, I just unrolled them enough to see what they were.

I can try selling them through eBay but there are too many fakes there.

11. MacAbbott macrumors newbie

I'd be interested.

I have a museum of 247 different Macs, and might be interested for the right price. Let me know.
    MacAbbott
    macabb@carolina.rr.com

12. krye macrumors 68000

krye

I just scored a genuine 24x36 Einstein off eBay for $63! Awesome. Can't wait for it to get here.

13. krye macrumors 68000

krye

Got it. 10 days later. It came all the way from Germany. Well worth the wait. Looks awesome hanging in my cube at work next to Buzz.

Too bad I can't hang them at home. I don't think my wife would let me hang these in the bedroom. Something about not matching the decor I think.

Attached Files:

14. eefoto macrumors newbie

posters

I know some people looking for the Think Different posters. Are you still trying to sell them?

15. iGary Guest

iGary

Getting harder and harder to find on eBay, especially real ones.

I've been looking for a 24X36 Ghandi poster (that doesn't cost a mint) for a year now.

16. pmcd macrumors newbie

Apple Think Different Posters

I have just put my 1997 UK authorised resellers collection up on ebay.co.uk.
    Much larger than any others for sale 27x38.5", uncropped and perfect condition.
    UK set: Gandhi, Picasso, Aldrin, Hitchcock, Einstein, Marta Graham

17. Daisies macrumors newbie

Is there a trick to telling a fake from an original?

I'm looking on eBay and having a hard time...

18. porruka macrumors newbie

19. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

I just scored a 24"x36" Ansel Adams off eBay for $95. Just waiting for it to get here. I am going to frame it along with my Edison.