Think Different Rarities

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by CiderFan, May 29, 2012.

1. CiderFan macrumors newbie

Hello All,

I recently had a small gallery showing of a Think Different collection and met some interesting people along the way. One of the interesting people I met along the way had been a Manager at one of the Apple retail stores during the "Think Different" Campaign. He said he some interesting memorabilia from the time and offered it up to me. I said I would be more than happy to take it off his hands.

He passed on the following posters to me -

Apple Think Different Alternate Ghandi (The one which shows Mahatma crossing the street) This poster measures 69cm (27") x 100cm (39")

The other poster was of Winston Churchill flashing the "V" sign and also measures 69cm (27") x 100cm (39")

The third however was in a different category all together and it was the one of John & Yoko on the bed, this poster measured a crazy 80cm (31.5") x 120cm (47") and was reverse printed, after doing some further research I found out that this poster was made to be hung with a light behind it which is why it is printed on both sides (one in the normal position & one in the reverse position)

I was also reliable informed that process was quiet expense to print and as such, smaller quantities would have been made as well as it being very difficult to reproduce.

The poster is in fantastic condition for it's age with no creases or tack marks.

Has anyone ever seen one of this size before ?

I have only every seen the 11" x 17", I have never seen a 24" x 36" version except online? never mind a bigger reverse print on hard stock card.

Please see the following album which shows the John & Yoko Poster:

John & Yoko Album

Does anyone have any idea of the value of a poster like this? I appreciate any feedback.

Regards,

CiderFan

2. nutsinajar macrumors newbie

irish/britain edition

I have a Gandhi 27.5 x 39 ,internal frame measurements that my father had got me about 10 years ago from a graphics company he worked for in ireland. The think different slogan is in black as is the copyright which is dated 1998 and located slightly different from other prints, i know it to be an origanal as from the time i got it (about 10 years ago) plus why change the colour type and copyright date and location to pass it off as a fake.........i would'nt think many of them exist out there like this one ! and have no idea of the value ?