Think I can get AT&T to drop the Activation Fee?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Abyssgh0st, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I just signed on for a two year contract, and I was wondering if AT&T might wave it if I put up a fight customer service. Think they might drop it?

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

No unless you really have a good foundation account number.

3. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

Do you have reason that they should waive the $36 activation. Did you experience any issues with the activation or initial service activation issues?

Dave

4. Abyssgh0st thread starter macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Not really, just was curious if they would since I plan on staying put for two years.

5. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

I got mine removed because I complained about the activation process on iphone 3g launch date when the system went down. The sytem went down after my activation though.

6. Abyssgh0st thread starter macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Only problem I really had was it took 16 hours to port my number fully, because before I could not receive phone calls or texts.

7. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Ahhh.. I remembered that, I thought no one will bring that issue back again. Though the OP should read my post ;)

8. pablo7 macrumors 6502

When I first signed up the girl at the ATT store put a note on here screen to waive the activation fee for me on the first months bill, alot of companies do it for new subscribers.....:confused:

9. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Yes they can do it but that doesnt mean they will. If you call and get a good rep and treat them nice they probably will. I have never paid an activation fee. Good Luck

10. Shawn D macrumors regular

It's worth a shot. I mean what's the worst they can say- no. Give it a shot.

11. GetAudiHere macrumors regular

Yeah i would ask then if they say no, bring up some issue that you had during activation.

12. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

They actually offered to remove mine when I got my 3G :)

13. Oman macrumors regular

Yes, You can. When I bought my first two iPhones they removed the activation fee. I just bought one for my son in December and put it on the family plan. call ATT two days later asked them to remove the activation fee. Did it with no problem. So call them and if the first person says no, call the next day and you will get it remove. Make sure you call with some kind of billing question.

14. nathan1281 macrumors member

They Will!

I don't know if it is just me but they waived all of mine. I have gotten treated differently from att now that I have an Iphone 3g. They are much nicer!

15. Indy21 macrumors 6502

Nice to hear that so many have had thiers waived. Makes me feel better about switching over soon. 3 Lines to be exact, 2 of those are going to be iphones. I really don't think they're going to miss my $90 or so when I'll be paying them into the thousands for aleast the next 2 years and probably more. ;)

Good Luck OP.

16. Abyssgh0st thread starter macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

They did waive it due to me being Government. Thanks for the help.