Think iPad will ever connect/communicate with iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HXGuy, Feb 9, 2011.

1. HXGuy macrumors 68000

I'm watching the WebOS presentation from today and was pretty wowed by how if you get a text message on your phone, you can check and reply right from the TouchPad, very slick!

It's happened a number of times where my iPhone is in the living room and I'm in bed in the bedroom with the iPad and I hear my iPhone get a text...which of course means I have to go get the iPhone to see who it is. I would love if the iPhone would push that message to the iPad.

2. cootersgarage6, Feb 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011

yes.

Yes. I think so. Because Apple wants everything to "just work". All the products are made for each other so far. Except the iPhone and iPad for each other. I think they will.

3. EazyWeazy3 macrumors 6502

4. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

If you got a text message on your phone, why in the frack would you want to get it on your iPad? What's wrong with the iPhone's message app? Sounds like said person would need this thing called e-mail, which also happens to be free and not cost extra money on top of the data plan.

5. 3soteric macrumors member

3soteric

it would be useful for me - Mobile phones are not allowed in many of the meetings I attend - BUT no one bats an eyelid if I use the iPad for taking notes etc

If there was a way of tethering and having texts/notifications show up on the ipad I would be very happy.

6. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

I'd like it if my iPhone treated my SMS messages as an 'Inbox' and I could access any unread SMS's from my iPad- purely for the convenience of typing on my iPad at home as opposed to my phone.

Whether this could be synced over 3G or WiFi or even Bluetooth I dunno?

But a simple way of sending pics, URLs etc and syncing bookmarks or calendars without iTunes or MobileMe would be good.

Fingers crossed :)